Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome Rosalie!


Our sweet angel came into our life last Friday! We got up and got ready for the day ahead of us. We took one last photo as a family of 3 right before we left for the hospital. We checked in around 7:30 and Charles left to take Caity to T's house for the day. I got settled in and hooked up to the monitors. My contractions were 3 to 4 minutes a part. I opted for NO pain medicine at all. Told the nurses that right off the bat so they wouldn't ask me at all. They never did!

Around 8:30, Charles returned and Dr. G broke my water at 8:40. My contractions didn't start picking up until about an hour afterward. I sat in the rocking chair and rocked through my contractions singing primary songs in my head. It helped.

A little after 12:30, I was checked and I was dilated to 8 cm. I had another contraction and dilated to 9. That's where I stalled for the next 15 or so minutes. I told Dr. G that I needed to push, but he said no. The right side of my cervix was only 95% effaced and I was at 10 cm. He massaged my cervix during a contraction and it HURT. But after that, it was go time!

4 contractions and pushes later, we welcomed our sweet girl into the world!

Rosalie Cadence AustinMay 21, 2010
1:17 p.m.
8 lbs 7 oz
20 inches long

I know Heavenly Father and the angels were rejoicing with us as we celebrated a new life in our world! It took absolutely everything I had in me to give birth without any sort of medicinal help. By far, the shoulders were worse than her head! I think that's why my face is so disgusted in the picture up above... it friggin' HURT! I know I was saying, "My sweet baby girl!" but my face was saying otherwise! It's kinda funny... but oh well! It was the second most incredible moment of my life! Tied for first with the moment Caitlin entered the world!

I had the shakes for a good hour after I had Rosalie. I felt like I shouldn't hold her, so Charles go to hold her quite a bit in the first hour. He enjoyed it! :) I felt wonderful after I had some Motrin in my system after the delivery! I breastfed Rosalie and she took to it wonderfully!

I spent a grand total of 2 days in the hospital. We welcomed Rosalie home on the 22nd and our first few nights have gone well. Rosalie is an oinker, eating every hour during the day, and every 2-3 hours at night. Caitlin just loves little sister! She tries to poke her eyes! Don't know why... but it's kinda cute! She'll kiss her head and rub her back! But she is jealous of her. We have a long road ahead of us, but every day is going to be SO worth it!


Rosalie and I about 2 hours after I delivered her.

All of us girls!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. Glad that everything went well. She is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete