Friday, May 7, 2010

Counting Our Blessings

It seems like the past few days have been a downward spiral for many friends in my life. I've had a few friends with relatives who have died suddenly, another friend trying to stay pregnant with her fifth child, and a dear friend of mine from high school, Angie, who just found out on May 4th that her 2 1/2 year old son has T Cell Leukemia. I cannot imagine going through what Angie is going through right now. She JUST had her third child 29 days ago. I have dealt with sudden family losses and trying to stay pregnant with a baby that wants to come early and get a head start on life. Both are equally not fun. Especially the preemie part... So I've decided to devote an entire blog to count all the blessings in my life that I am thankful for.

All thanks, of course, is due to my Father in Heaven.

I am thankful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.
I am thankful to be a member of His Church.
I am thankful to have been married and sealed in the Nauvoo Temple for all time and eternity to Charles.
I am thankful to have found my eternal companion in a small town!
I am thankful to have a healthy, beautiful daughter, Caitlin.
I am thankful to be pregnant with our second daughter, Rosalie.
I am thankful for all of my past, failed pregnancies.
I am thankful to have friends.
I am thankful to have a wonderful family. (Even though they drive me insane sometimes...)
I am thankful to have a roof over my head.
I am thankful to have food in the house.
I am thankful to have a messy house full of toys!
I am thankful to have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
I am thankful that my husband loves me for me.
I am thankful that my husband is hot!
I am thankful that Caitlin breathes. I check on her at least 3 times a night!
I am thankful to have some college under my belt.
I am thankful for all the wonderful people I met and left in Cedar Falls/W'loo.
I am thankful for Charles' Mother who isn't afraid to tell me something straight, without wondering if she will hurt my feelings.
I am thankful to not have R rated movies on my movie shelf.
I am thankful to not have any sort of tobacco or alcohol in my house.
I am thankful to have lived almost 23 years here on earth.
I am thankful that my husband comes home from work everyday in one piece!
I am thankful that my husband works so that I can stay home with our children.
I am thankful to be a stay-at-home Mom. It's all I've ever really wanted to be!
I am thankful to have made it this far in my pregnancy with Rosalie.
I am thankful to have a vehicle that hasn't had any major problems.
I am thankful to have clothes on my back and shoes on my feet.
I am thankful to be alive.
I am thankful to have never had anything major happen to me, medically.
I am thankful to have the priesthood in my home.
I am thankful to have a worthy Husband to use the priesthood in our home.
I am thankful to that Charles is a college graduate.
I am thankful that Charles is super smart!
I am thankful to have a wonderful family of In-Laws.
I am thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.
I am thankful to be a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father.
I am thankful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to help his Spirit Children come to Earth.
I am thankful for the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Happiness.
I am thankful for many, many more things.... but this list is sufficient for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment