I don't know whether to be happy or frustrated that this little baby is still taking up all of my insides right now! I keep telling myself, "It's best for all babies to be born close to the 40 week mark so that their development will be at it's peak come the delivery!" and then on the other side of that, I keep telling myself, "Can you really do another day of this?! Especially with a toddler who can walk now, but refuses to?! A child who wants to go down for her nap on your ever shrinking lap?!" This frustrates me... in a good way, I suppose!
We had a fantastic weekend! Mikey and Megan came down to visit again! They had candles to deliver from the fundraiser we had for Mikey. They got here so late of Friday that we ended up going to DQ and calling it a night! On Saturday we went to the Family Restaurant in town for breakfast because it's the only thing that restaurant does right! Then we headed back home so the boys could go fishing! Mind you, Charles and I had our diaper shower that same day. Charles gave me the "puppy-dog-eye" thing when asking if it was okay to be missing our shower to go fishing. I told him to just go and have fun! Which was the best thing since it was all females at the shower anyway! By the time they left, Megan and I got to sit around and do nothing at my house! Awesome! We watched Flicka and chatted it up until my Mother go to town.
The shower was amazing! We had such a blast! I got like, 400 diapers! No joke! Baby lotion, baby bath, baby bubble bath, baby powder, and TONS of wipes! Rosalie also got some toys, a blanket, a baby announcement pillow, and a few bibs! We had a car full of diapers on the way home!
The boys got back from fishing in time for dinner... in which they then asked us if it was okay to go back out again. I said yes, but only if Charles would look at all the gifts we had received from the shower! So the boys left, and we got to do the exact same thing.... nothing at home! We chatted it up, watched TV, played with Caity, and chilled. When the boys got home, they sounded like they had won a million dollars. They ran into a friend of mine from Bunn and got to talking, he invited them out on the boat on Sunday. "YES YES YES YES YES," was all I heard from that point on!
Sunday, Mikey and Megan left for Red Oak to deliver candles while Charles and I went to church. Someone dropped a dead skunk in a window well outside the church, so it was awful smelling inside. I kept getting light headed. We left right after sacrament meeting was over. We got home, ate lunch, and waited for Mikey and Megan to return. The boys headed out with Dan around 2, and Megan and I were left to ourselves. It was the three of us girls! We headed over to T's house for our usual Sunday night dinner... the boys weren't back yet. They showed up an hour after dinner started! They had caught 20 fish and were way excited about it! Mikey and Megan still had a 3+ drive home to get to, and it was almost 7 by the time we got back to my house. The boys had to fillet the fish. That took almost 2 hours. They left about 9:30.
All in all, it was quite a successful weekend for our growing family! As of today, I am still pregnant and walking all over this town trying to get things started! Ending the walks drenched in sweat and still pregnant always goes over well... not! This town has too many hills!
Here are some photos from the shower! Enjoy :)


We had a fantastic weekend! Mikey and Megan came down to visit again! They had candles to deliver from the fundraiser we had for Mikey. They got here so late of Friday that we ended up going to DQ and calling it a night! On Saturday we went to the Family Restaurant in town for breakfast because it's the only thing that restaurant does right! Then we headed back home so the boys could go fishing! Mind you, Charles and I had our diaper shower that same day. Charles gave me the "puppy-dog-eye" thing when asking if it was okay to be missing our shower to go fishing. I told him to just go and have fun! Which was the best thing since it was all females at the shower anyway! By the time they left, Megan and I got to sit around and do nothing at my house! Awesome! We watched Flicka and chatted it up until my Mother go to town.
The shower was amazing! We had such a blast! I got like, 400 diapers! No joke! Baby lotion, baby bath, baby bubble bath, baby powder, and TONS of wipes! Rosalie also got some toys, a blanket, a baby announcement pillow, and a few bibs! We had a car full of diapers on the way home!
The boys got back from fishing in time for dinner... in which they then asked us if it was okay to go back out again. I said yes, but only if Charles would look at all the gifts we had received from the shower! So the boys left, and we got to do the exact same thing.... nothing at home! We chatted it up, watched TV, played with Caity, and chilled. When the boys got home, they sounded like they had won a million dollars. They ran into a friend of mine from Bunn and got to talking, he invited them out on the boat on Sunday. "YES YES YES YES YES," was all I heard from that point on!
Sunday, Mikey and Megan left for Red Oak to deliver candles while Charles and I went to church. Someone dropped a dead skunk in a window well outside the church, so it was awful smelling inside. I kept getting light headed. We left right after sacrament meeting was over. We got home, ate lunch, and waited for Mikey and Megan to return. The boys headed out with Dan around 2, and Megan and I were left to ourselves. It was the three of us girls! We headed over to T's house for our usual Sunday night dinner... the boys weren't back yet. They showed up an hour after dinner started! They had caught 20 fish and were way excited about it! Mikey and Megan still had a 3+ drive home to get to, and it was almost 7 by the time we got back to my house. The boys had to fillet the fish. That took almost 2 hours. They left about 9:30.
All in all, it was quite a successful weekend for our growing family! As of today, I am still pregnant and walking all over this town trying to get things started! Ending the walks drenched in sweat and still pregnant always goes over well... not! This town has too many hills!
Here are some photos from the shower! Enjoy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment