Our weekend went quite well though it was uneventful. We spent most of Saturday at home lounging around doing some last minute cleaning and putting stuff away in prep for baby Rosalie to come. Had FHE with the family, then went out to eat with Jessica and Casey. That was nice because we haven't seen them since a little after their July wedding last year! So it was nice to catch up with friends!
Charles stayed up until almost 2 a.m. on the computer... so I knew how our morning would end up going... not good. I was right.
Sunday morning, Mother's Day, started off as a usual Sunday. I woke up early to pack the diaper bag, set out Caity's clothes, shower, etc. I blow dry my hair in order to wake little one up so that she'll have her morning poop out of the way before we get in the Jeep to head for church. I wake up Charles and he asks for another 30 minutes. I knew what time he had come to bed, but I thought I'd ask him what time HE thought he came to bed. He was off by half an hour. He got his extra 30 min. I end up feeding Caity while Charles gets up and gets ready. He's all ready to go, comes in the kitchen to take over feeding Caity, but she's in a "Mommy-only" kinda mood. Great. That's when I FINALLY hear a "Happy Mother's Day" from my husband. But by that time, I was too frustrated to show any emotion back. I barely get ready in time AND I didn't get breakfast. I wasn't too happy. We ended up bickering at each other right before we left for church... Happy Mother's Day to me.
By the end of church, our attitudes had cooled off and he apologized for never helping me on Sunday mornings with Caity. He also apologized for not getting up early enough to make me breakfast. I told him I just wanted help with Caity and for him to say "Happy Mother's Day" when I woke him up... not an hour later. I don't care about him making me breakfast... I just wanted to hear him say "Happy Mother's Day" when he first woke up... maybe that's just me... I don't know.
He made me lunch, hot ham and cheese, while I called my Mom and Grandma to thank them for being awesome all these years. After lunch, I made cards for his Mom and sisters to give to them before we had our big dinner with the family. We ended up leaving late because he couldn't think of what to say on the inside of the cards! We figured it out, but we showed up 20 min. late. Luckily, Lisa had dinner running late so we showed up just in time!
We came home and watched a movie as a family and it was a nice day, after all. Though my conclusion for Mother's Day... it's just another day celebrated by Mothers, for Mothers. At least, that's what all of us women decided at church yesterday. And you know what's funny, we usually go all out for our Husbands and Dad's on Father's Day... maybe it, too, should be just another day celebrated by Fathers, for Fathers.
I bet our men wouldn't even notice!
Do I sound bitter? Or just pregnant and TIRED?! Wait... don't answer that!
No comments:
Post a Comment