Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy First Week, Rosalie!

These past few days have gone rather well! We welcomed Rosalie into this world a week ago today, which is crazy because it feels as if she's been here much longer than that. Much longer. Our home life has remained rather quiet. We've had few guests and few phone calls. Which is nice! I don't want too many people around Rosalie due to her being so new and being a magnet for germs. Call me paranoid, a germ freak, or overprotective, but I'd rather be that than have a sick newborn. We were the same way with Caity because she was a preemie, but I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

We've been blessed with meals from the relief society sisters! They have helped us out so much! Our budget is so tight that we ran out of money in our "food budget" right before we had Rosalie. So having willing sisters prepare meals for our small family has been a HUGE blessing! We've had some delicious meals! Hamburgers with all the fixings, shepherd's pie, lasagna, chili, pizza... it's been wonderful having a variety! Thank you all so much! :)

Rosalie is breastfeeding every 2-3 hours during the day with spurts of eating every hour on the hour. Her night times have smoothed out to every 3 hours. The first few nights we were going every hour. I guess I don't mind feeding her since her bilirubin count was at 11 and we're trying to get her jaundice down. More breast milk means more urine output and more dirty diapers. Which means less bili in the system. Caitlin had it much worse. We're counting our blessings!

Caitlin is still having some jealousy issues with Rosie, but I think that it'll never really change. Sibling rivalry/jealousy is normal. I was the only girl in my family for a long time and my brothers were always jealous of me. Though I have to give Caity credit, she does love on Rosie quite often! Giving her kisses and rubbing her head and back! I've noticed Caitlin will come over and cuddle with me after I feed Rosalie or just at random times during the day. I always tell her I love her and give her lots of kisses. She's taking all of this rather well!

Charles goes back to work today. If he works today, than he gets the Monday holiday paid. Originally, he was going to take this whole week off, but his supervisor told him that if he wants the holiday pay of time and a half for Monday, he needs to come back Friday. Their policy is that you have to work the day before and the day after the holiday to get paid for the holiday. So he did. It's my first day alone with my girls! I'm not nervous. I'm more excited to have Caitlin back in her normal routine and having Rosalie along for the ride!

We took some pictures yesterday of our girls in their "Big Sister" "Little Sister" outfits I made for them. Well, I put the words on the shirt and onesie I bought. I used puffy paint! Here is the best photo of the 10 or so that I took!

No comments:

Post a Comment