Monday, March 3, 2014

Baby Girl #4, Week 22


How far along:
 22 weeks!
Baby is the size of: a spaghetti squash!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Gender Reveal: Girl
Weight gain: 14 pounds total
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yep! But mostly just workout pants, pajama pants, and large t-shirts!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: Half in and half out!
Sleep: Great! I have been sleeping wonderfully! Even after my bathroom trips in the middle of the night, I am able to fall right back asleep! I nap about twice a day, for about 20 to 60 minutes at a time, depending on if my girls are home from school or not.
Movement: Lots of kicks and nudges! It's fun to watch my belly move while relaxing in bed or on the couch! 
Best moment this week: Girl's day in Des Moines with Jen, Rhea, and Jodi! The weather was a little scary on the way home, but we made it safely!
Worst moment this week: My first Braxton Hicks contractions. Vivian hit my hernia pretty hard and it set off a few BH contractions. The contractions didn't hurt, but my belly button sure did. After drinking lots of water and relaxing, I stopped feeling them. 
Miss anything: Sushi. Smaller boobs. My runner's legs.
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night. 
Cravings: HuHot, Apples, Raw Almonds, Cheese, Fresh Fruit
Aversions: Raw meat of any type.
Appetite: Depends on the day. Some days I feel like I could out-eat everyone around me. Other days I can hardly finish a sandwich. But for the most part, it is still a normal, hearty appetite! 
Queasy or sick: NONE!!! WOO HOO!!!
Workouts: Got some Zumba and Aqua Zumba in this week! Felt SO good to get moving and start sweating! My schedule has been crazy hectic, and it's hard to want to go outside when it's -12.
Emotionally: I'm able to better control my emotions! I don't cry at the drop of a hat anymore! I get misty-eyed, but I don't actually cry! YAY! With baby moving around all the time, I am comforted and calm! It is a wonderful feeling! I do feel anxious at times, and I have to calm myself down, but nothing is a "trigger" for my anxiety. It just comes and goes. No warnings. I haven't had an anxiety attack since my early, early pregnancy weeks. I also haven't quite come to call the baby by her name. Part of me is still in "this is a boy baby" mode. I am hoping that I start calling baby by her name, Adeline, before she gets here. But there is a part of me that still thinks this baby is a boy! I guess I'll know for sure the day I deliver, but I am having trouble programming my brain! I'll get there... eventually!
Physically: I haven't had any pain from my hips this week! YAY! Not even during Zumba or while sleeping! If I sit wrong, my hips will hurt, but it's only for a moment. Not like it was before! My acne is bad again... I blame the sweating from working out! Again, it's worth it! But frustrating at the same time! I feel like a teenager with my acne! I also noticed that my cheeks are turning red again. They were red all the time when I was overweight. So I'm not sure what exactly causes them to be red and splotchy, but I'm very self-conscious about it. Not sure if it's the cold weather, dry skin, or just from my pregnancy. It's not bad, but I notice it. (TMI Warning!) My yeast infection is gone! THANK GOODNESS! My doctor prescribed me one pill to take from the pharmacy. It took about five days for it to go completely away, but I noticed a difference within the first day! What a relief! I have NEVER dealt with this before. I have always been told by others how uncomfortable, yucky, and unpleasant having a yeast infection can be. Now I know. And I never want one again. 
Looking forward to: Caitlin's 5th birthday party later this month! Jogging! Napping! Decorating the girls' room!

I've also decided that my dream to run a half marathon while pregnant isn't going to happen this pregnancy. My umbilical hernia is causing a lot of problems. It is getting bigger. Which makes me terribly sad, but this was expected. My doctor is concerned that it will get worse if I run with a larger belly. Even with a support band. And the most important things to me are my health, my body, and this baby! I have decided to do a few 5K's for fun! Just to keep me moving during this half of my pregnancy. And I am still able to do my workout classes, unless I start feeling too much pain. But so far, so good!

I know that if were within my first trimester, I could have done a half marathon! But running at 35 weeks pregnant, even with adequate training, makes me nervous about going into labor and delivering early. And I've gone through the NICU experience before. I never want to go through that again. I have taken a lot of time to think this out. This decision does make me sad... but it's not about just me anymore! And I have to think about this baby and her needs, over what I want to do. It would be cool to say that I ran a half marathon while pregnant! And I would love to run the Dam to Dam during it's very first half marathon year... but I've got better things to look forward to!

I will still be running the Market to Market, though. The shortest distance for the team of seven that I am on is a 7.5 mile run (runner #5), broken up into sections of roughly 3 miles and just over 4 miles. I am confident that I can do that without pain or irritating my hernia. But to run a full 13.1 miles all at once at 35 weeks pregnant is another story! And our team for M2M isn't going for speed! We are going for the experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment