Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby #4, Week 17

I've noticed that when I take the photo myself, my shadow is on my back side.
When my husband takes the photo, my shadow is on my belly side!
How far along: 17 weeks!
Baby is the size of: a turnip!
Gender Prediction: Boy!
Weight gain: 11 pounds total
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes! But I feel like I'm in that weird phase where people want to feel my belly, and the baby/my uterus is only in the lower half of my belly! The top part is all me! And people keep rubbing the top of my belly! I get a good chuckle out of it!
Maternity clothes: Yep! But I need more that actually fit me! I'm too large for my normal clothes, and all of my maternity tops are too large still! Not too much longer until I'm fitting them! I've been wearing maternity pants with large t-shirts most days!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones.
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Great this week! It helps that I'm exhausted. Just plain exhausted! I have zero energy most days. I got sick this week and that really didn't help. I had no down time. I ended up sleeping most of the day yesterday! I slept from 2:30 to 5, then went to bed at 9:15 and didn't get up until almost 8 this morning! And I could have slept longer!
Movement: Yep! Although it's not all the time just yet. I feel just the big ones. I am excited to start feeling the baby on the outside of my belly so that Charles and the girls can!
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my prenatal appointment! It was between 145 and 150 beats per minute! Vivian went with me and got to listen, too! She thought it was a choo-choo train! Also, getting a phone call on Thursday with some wonderful, wonderful news! I cannot say yet what it was about, but know this... GOD IS GOOD! (It's killing me to keep it in! But I must for a little bit longer!)
Worst moment this week: Sunday night. I got up too quickly from my chair and almost collapsed from the surging pain in my abdomen/uterus. I sat on the ground for about three minutes before I could move again. It was very scary. I had no other muscle cramps or contractions, thank goodness. You'd think that I would've learned this lesson already, but I haven't! Do not get up quickly from a seated position, Carie!
Miss anything: Warmer weather! The spring/summer! Smaller boobs.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Cravings: Grilled Cheese, Hamburgers, Pineapple, Apples, Bagels
Aversions: Raw Chicken
Appetite: Hearty! I still feel like I could eat ALL THE FOOD in my house. But I've been keeping some fresh veggies(carrots, celery, bell pepper, etc), almonds, and water on hand! It has helped!
Queasy or sick: I was sick this past week! Cough/congestion thing. I couldn't breathe well and sounded like a man for about four days!
Workouts: Not with my cold, or whatever I had. 
Emotionally: I've had less anxiety this week. But I am having trouble with my weight gain. I hate even bringing it up... I feel so rude/ungrateful even talking about it. This is part of pregnancy. But I am really struggling with it. After losing weight and maintaining it for a year and a half, I am having trouble with the thought of even putting weight on. Which I have. I know I have. I can feel it. In my face, back, legs, arms... I know I am doing a miraculous thing by carrying another life, but I would feel SO much better if I could just go longer than a week without getting sick and lounging around. I want to move my body. I NEED to move my body. But when my body won't... I struggle. I know I can lose the weight after the baby. It's just all in my mind. And it's hard.
Physically: I have ZERO energy! It doesn't help when I'm sick! I feel better today! Thank goodness! I feel like cleaning my house, which is rare! So I am glad to have some energy returning! I also have had a reappearance of my acne! BOO! I just knew that if I mentioned it last week, that I'd have it back this week! And I did! I spoke too soon! But it isn't as bad as it was, and I am thankful for that! My hips have been bothering me really bad this week. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even walk. I have crawled and hobbled through my house on more than one occasion. It's scary for me when my feet start to tingle and I start losing feeling in my legs, but I know that it's part of pregnancy. I really need to visit a chiropractor!
Looking forward to: My 20 week ultrasound on February 19th! And then soon to follow, the gender reveal party! Now we're just praying that the baby will cooperate during the ultrasound! I'm also looking forward to working out, not being sick, and running!

For the gender reveal, my friends Amanda and Karmen are going to bake a pink or blue cake and cover it in  white frosting and white fondant! I have a design in my mind that I want for the top of the cake! I hope it works out and doesn't look silly! I also have the gender reveal card idea ready to make and have Amanda send to my Mom and Grandparents! I am making one for each gender, then Amanda will send the correct one in the mail! We have a really cute idea for the cards! It's how we're going to let the Facebook and Blog world know, too!

So many wonderful ideas! I'm SOOO excited for this next month! February 19th needs to get here quicker!

2 comments:

  1. a) I think i could eat about a million grilled cheeses in one day. b) I am having a hard time with this weight gain thing too...I had a dream I gave birth at 26 weeks (healthy big baby) and was down to my pre-pregnancy body right away...if only it was that easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt! I bounced back pretty quickly after my first child, but it takes longer and longer the more children you have! I really have no idea what to expect after this baby gets here!And I always have dreams where I deliver early or in random spots. I had a dream the other day that I delivered my baby in the hallway to the Labor and Delivery center! That would be interesting... and scary...

    ReplyDelete