Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby #4, Week 14


How far along:
 14 weeks! SECOND TRIMESTER!!!!
Baby is the size of: a lemon!
Gender Prediction: Boy!
Weight gain: I forgot to weigh myself this morning... 
Starting to show yet?: Yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones.
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Great! Aside from my nose being stuffy and my horrible cough. Both wake me up, but I'm able to fall back asleep pretty quickly!
Movement: Not yet! SOON!
Best moment this week: FINALLY getting a run in! And it felt great! Jen's surprise birthday party was pretty amazing! Time away with Charles and friends, hot food, and amazing guacamole! And going shopping in Des Moines with Jen and Shelly to buy fabric for a quilt for my girls! We are going to be upgrading them into bunk beds and I want them to have new quilts for their new beds! While in Des Moines, we went to HuHot and Cold Stone Creamery! It was AMAZING! And nice to get out with some of my besties!
Worst moment this week: Standing up too quickly and having my muscles in my hips, around my uterus, and along my stomach cramp up. I almost had a panic attack when it happened for the first time. I have three little ladies running around and so when they need me, I have to get up quickly. There have been a few times when I've stood up too fast and had all my muscles tense up. Scary as hell for me.
Miss anything: Sushi
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Cravings: Cheeseburgers, Pasta, Avocados
Aversions: Raw Chicken, Peanut Butter
Appetite: Back to normal. Not as hungry as I have been. 
Queasy or sick: I am sick, but not with morning sickness. I have a cold. BOO! Cough, sneezing, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, headache, sinus pressure, etc. SUCKS when pregnant because I am severely limited on the things I can take. I've had a cup of Honey Vanilla Chamomile Herbal tea to help soothe my sore throat and cough, but I'm keeping it limited to one cup a day since there is an unsure consensus about herbal teas while pregnant. I also have been drinking hot water with lemon and honey.
Workouts: Finally got back to Zumba and even went on a run! WOO HOO!
Emotionally: Still feeling scared/anxious about the baby. I've made it to 14 weeks, but I've also lost a baby before within the 14th week. And it was horrible. Just horrible. I know that I'm showing and that my uterus is growing, but there is still that part of my brain that is gearing me up for something to go wrong. I have been enjoying this pregnancy, but late at night when I'm trying to fall asleep, all those anxieties that I'm able to put a lid on during the day, come to the surface. I really want an ultrasound to confirm that everything is going well and that the baby is growing properly. With my other pregnancies, by this time, I would've had two to four ultrasounds by now. I've only had one with this baby. So my anxiety is through the roof. I have relied on prayer and the comfort that my Heavenly Father has given me.
Physically: I finally have more energy! And then I got sick! I can feel my boobs growing, still. They need to QUIT it! But I know it's a good thing! I'm usually a breast milk machine after I've had my previous babies! I've even started to leak some colostrum. Which kind of scared me at first, but it has only been about 8 months since I stopped breastfeeding Vivian, and I never really dried up. I still have some major pimples/acne going on. I'm hoping that will clear up soon! My hips are starting to bother me again, making it hard to get comfortable at night. 
Looking forward to: Week 15. My next ob appointment on the 21st. Scheduling my ultrasound! The Gender Reveal party!

Speaking of our gender reveal party. We are still unsure what to do. Yes, we want to find out when our family finds out, but we were thinking of having it more intimate by having a bakery here in town make a gender cake and have the girls dig into it instead of us! But with only the five of us at home. And THEN go surprise our extended family.

But then, we thought it'd be fun to have two outfits picked out at the store and have the cashier put the correct outfit into a bag for us to open in front of our family. But we're not sure just yet. We're still tossing around ideas! Nothing is for sure just yet! Do any of you reading this have any ideas?! I'm up for anything at this point!

Although we want more children, we don't know how many more children we will be able to have. So we want to celebrate this one as if it's our first and last child! So we want it to be special when we find out what we're having!

IF this baby is a boy, and we are blessed to have another baby later on, we won't find out the gender of that baby, and any possible future babies, until the baby's delivery! But since we only have girls, we want to know what the gender of this baby is! I will seriously be SO shocked if Charles and I created a boy baby! Haha! At this point, I'm not sure if it's even possible!

1 comment:

  1. We did the cake thing and it was a lot of fun! It was just James, my parents, his aunt, and I!

    ReplyDelete