I was literally overwhelmed.
Because of that, I have decided to start sharing some recipes and my workouts on here for those who are looking to cut calories and exercise more.
I am using My Fitness Pal to keep track of everything that I eat, drink, and what I do when I work out.
We have been eating more fresh fruits and veggies. If a recipe calls for 1 lb of meat, we only use 1/2. I don't have any new recipes this week, but I have some that I will post next week.
June 1st through June 3rd - Apparently going "cold turkey" from sugar is NOT the way to go! My body had some serious issues with me dropping sugar 100%. I had a migraine from hell and I couldn't even move. After I realized what was going on, I did some searching on the interwebs and found a healthy way to kick sugar cravings while letting your body slowly adjust.
My sugar cravings are GONE! It only took about 5 days! And it has helped me to cut SO many calories! A tablespoon of the peanut butter/chocolate mixture is about 100 calories. As soon as I started eating the mixture, my migraine disappeared almost instantly. NEVER go cold turkey! Wean yourself from pop, sugar, etc.
Starting June 4th, I was finally able to function! I started my day off with the 100 Workout I found on Pinterest. I did everything except the 10 minute run, I saved that for later when I
I attended a ZUMBA class that night. I haven't been in a while, and I could tell! I was super tired, but by the second half, I got an energy boost and kept going! I even jogged home! I had to stop twice because Zumba about killed me, but I jogged the whole way!
June 5th I did the 100 Workout again in the morning before my girls woke up. I wasn't as fast with it because I was so sore, but I did finish the workout before my girls woke up! Later that afternoon, I went on a 6+ mile walk with my friend Desiree. I was slow and I kept getting out of breath, but I told myself I could do it and I felt myself getting stronger!
June 6th I was babysitting two extra kiddos so I didn't do the 100 Workout, but my husband was home. We decided to walk (all 5 kids) to his Mom's house for a picnic lunch with the family. I was pushing a double stroller with Caitlin (35+ lbs) and Savannah (28+) lbs, while Charles pushed the double jogger with Rosalie (26+ lbs) and Hunter (20+ lbs) and carried Vivian (19+ lbs) in the Snuggli on his chest. The hills about killed us, but we pushed through and by the time we got to Mom's house, we were ready to collapse! We got a ride home! I attened Zumba later that evening! I was super tired and I was sweating up a storm, but you know what they say!
June 7th I didn't do the 100 Workout again because I was babysitting. I didn't do anything the entire morning/afternoon because I was so tired. But after supper, Charles and I took the girls for a walk. We walked 4+ miles. I pushed Rosalie and Caitlin in the double stroller while Charles pushed Vivian in an umbrella stroller so that he could do some of the Frisbee golf holes (I think that's what you call them?!). I wore a pair of shorts that made my thighs rub together while I was walking, and when we were almost home, my inner thighs hurt really bad. Some of the thoughts that were going through my head consisted of these:
"We're almost home!"
"How did I let myself get this bad?"
"Why did I let myself go?"
"It doesn't matter... it hurts now, but in a little while, it won't anymore."
"I really want to cry about this... but I'm stronger than that."
"I can do this."
My emotions were all over the place when we got home. I had to strip down because I was so sweaty, but also because anything touching my inner thighs was torture. But I didn't cry. I kept telling myself this:
There is a reason I am out walking... I don't want my thighs to rub together when I walk. I can just see myself walking up a hill with strength and courage.
I also realized something when we were out walking and I was hurting, I miss Cross Country and Track. I was in the distance group and I trained all year round. I wasn't the fastest by any stretch, but I was a strong runner. A STRONG RUNNER. I can't even jog a block without having to stop. Yes, I've had 3 kids and my body is different. I know this. But it still is an eye opener. One of my goals is to run the DAM to DAM in Des Moines next year. 12 miles without stopping. I can do this!
June 8th (today) I walked with all three girls to the park down the street. Caitlin was sitting on my shoulders. Talk about a workout! I rested while the girls ran around and by the time we headed back home, the heat wasn't helping at all! But I made it home! I went to Zumba tonight and through my sore muscles and achy legs, I kept telling myself this:
Start Weight: 202 lbs
Week 1 Weight: 193 lbs
Weight Lost: 9 lbs
Weight To Go: 58 lbs
One week can make a difference!
You can do this!
WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!









That is an amazing difference in one week.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the peanut butter/chocolate tip. When I've had bubba I'll be needing some support so I'll be joining you :)(Though you'll probably be at goal by then the rate you're going!)
Wow! Way to go girl! Keep it up, and I'll be keepin an eye on you :)
ReplyDelete