Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Welcome Summer 2012!

Summer 2012 is officially here and we have been feeling the heat! We have been keeping cool in the air conditioning, we do not take it for granted! I keep it off until the girls start telling me that it's hot. They usually say, "Mommy... It's time for a freezy-pop now!"

I have been going outside with the girls in the morning before it gets too hot! We don't have a lot of yard toys, so it's always a little boring for the girls to just swing and have nothing else to do outside besides run around. I had mentioned it to our Parent Educator, so the next time she stopped by, she brought the girls some yard toys! They have had a blast with them inside as well as outside!

All three girls in the crawl-through tube!
Miss Vivian crawling through the tube! And not on her belly!
Our Parent Educator also brought by some lawn mowers for the older girls to push around the yard! They are great outside... not so much for the inside! They are LOUD!


And while the older girls are playing with the toys, Vivian and chilled on a blanket in the yard together! It was nice to get some sweet baby cuddles from my girlfriend!


We are trying to beat the heat, but it gets hot fast! It's hard to get Caitlin and Rosalie to wear clothes right now! They keep telling me, "It too hot!" So generally, they are running around in cloth diapers or undies! Or completely in the buff (Caitlin).

I wanted to give you all an update on Charles' weight loss! He has extremely cut back on his pop intake! And the scale has shown that it's working! He's down 10 lbs! I am a proud wife to that man! He's been getting a workout from going disc golfing. He really, really enjoys it! He's talked me into going out with him for a round... but we'll see! I've never been good at throwing anything! Baseballs, footballs, a Frisbee... yep... I suck! It'll probably be a laugh fest when we go!

You can see a difference in him. He's happier, more confident, and his clothes are starting to fit again! It's a truly wonderful thing! I had no idea how much stress we were both under with our appearances. I think guys won't admit it out loud, but mine will. He was uncomfortable and wanted to make a change! I am proud of him!

We are excited for July! A lot will be happening! We have to buy another memory card for our camera because the one we had is FULL. So I haven't been taking too many photos. But have no fear! There will be more fun photos of our family to come! Enjoy the rest of June!

2 comments:

  1. Love this =] I didn't know Charles had lost weight! Tell him congratz for me!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE when men will admit they need to change! My hubby admits that he wants to change but I don't see him actually doing anything to change. He started taking smaller portions at meals which is a big thing for my hubby. As for working out he doesn't do anything extra. BUT just working again has him down in size, just not so much in weight. Tell your hubby GREAT JOB!!! We are all proud to see someone succeeding!

    ReplyDelete