Even though it isn't quite Summer yet, the weather has been hot for the Spring. I know that Iowa weather is famous for changing so much, but it has been giving me whiplash! Seems like I'm alternating the extra clothes in the diaper bag every other day from long sleeves and pants to short sleeves and shorts! Even deciding what type of pajamas the girls wear to bed is becoming a chore! But I know that Summer is coming fast and I soon won't have to worry about changing this around anymore! (THANK GOODNESS!)
Caitlin and Rosalie have enjoyed the reward system for using the potty. Yes, you read that right, Caitlin AND Rosalie! Although Rosalie hasn't actually gone on the potty, she will sit and pretend. I think she'll be ready in no time! I reward Caity with a Dum-Dum sucker usually, but I was out of them and only had Ring-Pops. Needless to say, I think the girls really enjoyed their reward that day!
One of the colder mornings, it was raining and the girls asked to go outside. I told them no and they were very upset. So I decided to set up Rosalie's new Disney Princess Kitchen set. It was very, very hard for them to wait, but luckily the set-up was very simple and fast. It took me about 20 minutes to set it up, and they played and played for HOURS! Vivian even joined in!
Vivian Rane turned 8 months on June 6th! It is seriously hard to believe! I think I'm in denial! And although we know that she is not our last child, it is still a little bittersweet to see her growing up so fast! She is officially crawling and talking now! She can almost clap her hands and she will wave bye-bye! She is eating food on her own and gets VERY upset if we try to help her.
Happy 8 Months, Miss Independent, my Vivian Rane!
I am not sure if I am going to be watching Colleen's kids anymore, and it makes me a little sad. Our girls have grown quite fond of Savannah and Hunter! Yes, they fight, but only about 5% of the time. Caitlin will ask, "Is my best friend on the couch?" when she wakes up. And it saddens me when I have to say, not today. Now that Colleen is back to work, her regular babysitter will take back over.
We had the kids two days in a row. The first day Charles and I walked the kids over to his Mother's house for a picnic lunch. The kids had a blast playing on the trampoline and running around the yard. But silly me, I forgot my camera!
The next day, Charles was back to work so we hung out in the house. In the morning when I'm handing out Caitlin and Rosalie's Milk and Savannah and Hunter's juice, the kids will all sit on the big Dora puzzle mat and drink their milk/juice quietly. They all FINALLY sat still enough for me to snap a photo! And right after, Rosalie got up, picked her Dora hat up, and started being cute. So of course, I had to snap a photo of her!
I have been working out the past week and the girls love to tag along with me and do jumping jacks, sit ups (kind of), and go on walks with me. They will chant, "Go Mommy, Go!" And it makes me feel like a million dollars! With Charles and I eating healthier, the girls are eating healthier, too. They have more energy, although they already had enough to begin with! But it is wonderful to see them pretending and imagining all sorts of things throughout the day. They never cease to amaze me. And I don't think that is going to change anytime soon!




This is awesome! I love hearing about the girls and all of your family! You can feel the love even if you are not actually seeing them! They are so cute and independent! Keep on keeping on girl!
ReplyDelete