Monday, June 4, 2012

Carie's "Before" Photos

This is tough.

Really tough.

I've spent the better part of the last 5+ years crying over how I look.

I use to look like this at the end of High School...


Granted, I was 17/18 and I had been in Cross Country/Track for four consecutive years. And in a lot of other physically demanding activities like Cheerleading, Show Choir, etc. I thought I was fat then...

I was wrong.

When I entered college, my weight fluctuated a lot.

I'd get into this habit:


Then I'd work out like crazy and cut way too many calories to get "skinny" again.


I was never truly happy with how I looked. I would think I was too big, then I'd think that I was "skinny enough" and start eating like crazy. It was vicious cycle.

When I married my husband in August of 2007, I had lost some weight from my job and exercising for the wedding. But as soon as we were married, I quickly put the weight back on.


On our first year anniversary, we found out that we would be expecting a baby that coming April. We were ecstatic! How did we celebrate?

Food.

I ballooned fast.


After Caitlin was born, I stayed out of photos as much as possible. I tried to lose weight, but I found out that I was pregnant again. I stopped dieting and by the time Rosalie was born, I weighed 220 lbs.

My heaviest.

Ever.

At my 5 year class reunion (which I almost didn't attend because of my weight...)
I decided it was time for a change. I started going to Zumba and I dropped 20 lbs fast. So fast that it only took me 8 weeks!

I was 8 weeks pregnant.

I had to stop working out because I had started bleeding with my baby at 16 weeks.

After Vivian was born, I had lost weight and dropped down to 185 lbs. I felt amazing! I was in a size 16 for the first time since BEFORE Caitlin was born!

It was going to be Winter soon, so I didn't work out as much. I'd attend Zumba every so often, but nothing that was producing any results.

Now that things are settling down with my three little ones, I've decided that enough is enough.

This weight gain journey has to stop.

I took my final "Before" photos on May 31st.

What I saw was shocking to me.



Who is this 202 lb person?

This person is not me.

And for the first time ever, I didn't cry.

I decided that I would take action instead.

June 1st marked the first day of the rest of my weight loss journeys.

This one will be my last.

I am changing my lifestyle. My exercise lifestyle. My eating lifestyle.

I want to be happy again. I want to LOVE myself again. I haven't loved myself in a long time. I'm unhappy and people can tell. I want to be healthy for my children and husband. I want to inspire my family. I want to inspire you.

I am going to need support and help. If you want to join in on your own weight loss journey, PLEASE DO! I am going to be keeping tabs on my progress as my journey progresses. My target weight is 135 lbs.

I need to lose 67 lbs.

No day but TODAY!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck!! I am right there with you. I hate my weight and have struggled with it forever. I am on my own weight loss journey. Hope you achieve your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carie, that's exciting! Love Zumba! I enjoy your blogs and your girls are adorable! My fiance LOVES to help and motivate people to achieve their weight loss goals. He is the regional manager for Complete Nutrition but spends hours out of this own time helping people come up with plans for nutrition and exercise. You should add him on fb and tell him your a friend of mine. He would love to help! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete