Since I am due in May, I have been packing my overnight bag, the baby's diaper bag, and setting up another crib with Charles. We still don't know the gender of baby, so I opened up Caitlin's box of newborn clothes. I cried when I pulled out her take-home outfit. Mainly because she was swimming in it when we took her home from the NICU. I called Charles into the room and showed him the outfit. We both looked at Caitlin who was climbing up the new crib and saying, "Baby, baby!" It was a reality shock and a great moment for us as parents! I think that Caitlin knows that Mommy is pregnant. She talks to my belly and pats it. It's really adorable! Now that I am bigger, she looks up at it and goes, "Ooooooo!" Hilarious! We packed her take-home outfit, a neutral outfit, and a boy outfit in the diaper bag! Just in case!
Caitlin was not growing or gaining weight from months 6 to 9. We ended up taking her to a specialist in Des Monies. But before that, Dr. G suggested that we give her some Neosure formula and see how she reacts. I was still weaning her from breastfeeding, so I stopped all together and she took beautifully onto bottles. Not to mention the fact that by the time we got to the specialist, she was in the 75% and not the 10%! We didn't even see the doctor! The nurse sent us on our way! Caitlin just needed a boost!
Other than that, we were totally blessed with a happy and healthy baby for her first year! We are hoping to repeat that with baby #2! Here are some photos of Caitlin!
No comments:
Post a Comment