Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Large... Really Large.

As I near the farthest I've ever been while pregnant, my mind tends to focus on the fact that I really did give birth early to Caitlin. She really was born at 35 weeks, 6 days. She was 6 lbs, 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Would she have been a huge baby if she had been born on time?! I will never know. So my mind tends to wonder if Rosalie is that big yet or is she smaller?! I hope I will never know! At least not right now! Some women beg to go early, while others, like myself, beg to stay pregnant as long as possible! It makes me laugh! I know I joke a lot about wanting to go right now, but I think the Lord knows that I'm only kidding!

Charles and I had a wonderful 4 day weekend! He messed up his shoulder doing some heavy duty yard work earlier in the week last week, and by Thursday, couldn't move his shoulder or arm without a huge surge of pain. He decided to take 2 days and rest up. I didn't mind! I love having him home to help with Caity and spend time with me while she's napping! We did bicker quite often the first day... and most of the second day, but we decided to just hash out everything that was bothering us and get it resolved so that we could just focus on time together and nothing else. We both ended up in tears at one point or another, mostly me (thank you pregnancy hormones), but in the end, we just laughed and kissed!

We spent most of our time cleaning and prepping for Rosalie's arrival. Unpacking newborn clothes, getting the swing back out, packing Caitlin's too small 12m clothes, etc. We cleaned the kitchen together (SHOCK!) and without fighting! It was really, really nice! I don't want to make it sound as if we fight a lot, because we don't, we bicker most of the time and never about anything super important. I guess that's married life for ya!

We are now planning out how we want to finish the upstairs. We are going to gut everything as of right now, put new drywall/sheet rock up and tear down some walls to make things bigger. For the most part, not having enough money to do everything we want to do is the only thing stopping us right now. So we've talked about doing things one bedroom at a time as we can afford it. Caity's room first, my office second, Rosalie's room next, bathroom, then the game room. Hopefully we'll sit down and get things planned out and done ASAP. But I know enough to know that it's going to take a lot longer than we plan! Ha ha, house work is NEVER done! Not really!

Click here to see my wonderful best friend Jenelle (a.k.a. my college mother) and her beautiful newborn photography session that was on the KWWL News last night!

Here are some photos I've messed with on Picnik when my daughter naps and I have nothing else to do!

Engagement Photo taken by Jenelle Shamrell

Engagement Photo taken by Jenelle Shamrell

Wedding Photo taken by Jenelle Shamrell

Photo taken by Me!

Photo taken by Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment