Thursday, April 22, 2010

I've lost 2 lbs?!?

Had another prenatal check up yesterday, and to my surprise, I've lost 2 lbs! I just looked at the nurse with my head sideways and asked, "Is that possible?! I've only gotten bigger..." She just laughed and said, "I'll ask the doctor!"

Dr. G said that it's completely normal. And that may also be an indicator of my upcoming labor and delivery! He then said, "Now Carie, you can't go into labor this weekend because I'll be out of town, and I want to see you next week on Wednesday still pregnant. But if you make it to May, you can go ahead and go into labor and I won't stop you!" The first of May, I'll officially be 37 weeks!

The reason he won't stop me is because this whole pregnancy, my uterus has been measuring 7 cm (or weeks) too large. The last two weeks, I've been measuring at 40 weeks. He said that IF I make it to 39 weeks, he'll induce me. He doesn't want the baby to not be thriving in there if I really am further along. I'll get another ultrasound next week to make sure everything's a cookin' just right!

Saturday I enter uncharted waters in my pregnancy history! I've never made it to 36 weeks! I'm way excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment