Sunday, January 24, 2016

Baby #5, Week 36

How far along: 36 weeks
Weeks to go: 1 to 4 weeks!
Baby is the size of: a head of romaine lettuce!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Weight gain: 33 lbs
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! I am living in my maternity leggings/capris and my large maternity shirts. Though some of my large shirts are working pretty hard these days! I know I'm bigger this time around from when I was pregnant with Adeline. I need some XL maternity stuff, but I'm gonna make it work with my large clothes. Thank goodness for my maternity support tanks!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones! Keeping an eye out for any new ones!
Belly button in or out: Flattie, but my hernia makes it look like an outtie.
Sleep: I'm going through a comfortable stage and I am LOVING it! Adeline's nights are still pretty iffy, but on the nights where she sleeps until it's time to get up with the alarm, those nights are glorious!
Movement: Jedi is still very much active even though I'm sure he/she is running out of womb room! Some movements are uncomfortable, especially when baby moves through a contraction!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions every day. There was a big snowstorm that hit our area all day Tuesday and it had me having contractions most of the day. When the snow stopped, so did my contractions. I'm thinking the weather messes with my body! This is what happened when I was pregnant with Caitlin, but I was too far into labor to stop. She was born the day before 36 weeks. So this pregnancy is my fourth that has gotten me to this point! I don't want another preemie! TMI Warning: I've also lost more of my mucous plug! 
Best moment this week: NESTING! Thank goodness! My house has needed some serious deep cleaning and it has been done! I'm so glad that it's out of the way now before Jedi's arrival! I still have a few things left to do, but I went through SO much stuff and purged! It was not only wonderful, I was NOT stressed during! And that's HUGE for me! I get so overwhelmed very quickly, but I really found the drive to push forward and make the most of my bursts of energy! Still a lot to do, but I'm not even worried about it! I am very much enjoying my nesting and cleaning ALL THE THINGS!
I also got to go on another date with my husband to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens! It's in our small town finally and we couldn't pass up the chance to see it again! Especially since I'm sure we're not going to have a lot of alone time once Jedi arrives! On Saturday, my friend Julie came over the the whole day to hang out and have our kids play together! I got some major baby snuggles from her newborn(the birth that I got to watch!) and if I weren't already pregnant, I would want to be!
Worst moment this week: Struggling with the thoughts about what's going to happen when I go into labor. We've been trying to figure the logistics out and I'm starting to get nervous. I'm praying that I'll go into labor when the girls are home from school, preferably in the evening or on a weekend, so that we don't have to worry about pick-ups, drop-off's, etc. The more contractions I have, the more I realize just how unprepared we are for this... 
Miss anything: Smaller boobs/arms/legs/face/all the things... 
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day, but only when I leave the house. Off otherwise and at night. I hate how swollen my fingers have been getting... BOO!
Cravings: Raisin Nut Bran, Ice Cream
Aversions: Raw Meat, any off or foul smells
Appetite: Normal! Though I feel parched all day long... even though I drink way more than 100 ounces a day!
Queasy or sick: Same runny nose as usual... it's starting to get old!
Workouts: Zumba and walking! I'm really enjoying working out! I am pretty self conscious with my largeness, but I just do Zumba anyway! I get stares, but for the most part, people are pretty supportive and rather impressed that I'm still trucking! Haha!
Emotionally: I have ZERO control over my emotions and it's a little ridiculous. I feel like a crazy person. I can not hold in my emotions, good or bad. Sunday was a bad day. I don't even want to talk about it really, but our family is struggling with Charles' new calling in the church.
Physically: I'm feeling good, but I am also feeling pretty miserable some days! Bloating, swelling, heartburn, belly tenderness, lighting crotch, restless legs, achy joints... all the fun things that come with the end of pregnancy. But then there are moments where all is well and I actually feel really good! I have been dealing with the swelling at the end of the day, but sometimes it's all day. Makes it difficult to really get anything done because with the swelling comes feeling incredibly tired. 
Looking forward to: My 36 week prenatal appointment tomorrow! Getting the last few things ready for Jedi's arrival! Labor. Delivery. Baby snuggles. Breastfeeding. Sleeping on my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment