![]() |
| Not my normal bra or support top! Boo for laundry day! |
Weeks to go: 6 weeks! YAY!!!
Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Weight gain: 33 lbs
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes! And the "Aren't you miserable?" and "Can't get much bigger can you?" comments are already coming. Which turns me into the unpleasant-pregnant-Carie that I don't like people to see. Guess what?! I'm big. I'm pregnant. It's a part of the process. Please be kind! I'm already self-conscious as it is and your comments remind me of just how much I've gained. *sigh*
Maternity clothes: Yes! I wore a regular t-shirt the other day and it was working pretty hard! So maternity from here on out! Haha!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: Flattie. My hernia makes it look like an outtie.
Sleep: This is the first week that Charles and I have gotten TWO nights of sleep with Adeline waking up around 5:30 to 6! Which has been HEAVEN! We're still not sure why Squishy wakes up so much, but we had her 18 month check up on Friday and talked with our doctor. No concerns, just something we need to continue to ride out. Joy. A few of my nights were spent in pain from my jaw/gum pain. (More about that below.)
Movement: Jedi's movements are getting into a routine. I can tell when Baby is probably resting/sleeping and it's rather obvious, even from a distance, when Baby is up and moving! It's so neat to watch my belly move from the outside! My girls sure LOVE watching it!
Labor Signs: TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions and a few real ones. Which scares me. I know that 34 weeks is generally a safe time for baby to be born, but up until then, baby's health is at risk. Babies born after 34 weeks usually have a small NICU stay and then go home. Just like our Caitlin did. But I was pretty much freaking out on Saturday when I have having regular, strong contractions for almost 12 straight hours. Some of the contractions had me in tears, and not from hurting, but from be being scared that Baby would be born too early.
Labor Signs: TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions and a few real ones. Which scares me. I know that 34 weeks is generally a safe time for baby to be born, but up until then, baby's health is at risk. Babies born after 34 weeks usually have a small NICU stay and then go home. Just like our Caitlin did. But I was pretty much freaking out on Saturday when I have having regular, strong contractions for almost 12 straight hours. Some of the contractions had me in tears, and not from hurting, but from be being scared that Baby would be born too early.
Best moment this week: My friend Megan's pure romance party, getting all of my maternity photos(taken by Taycey Post Photography), and then Girl's day in Des Moines with Jen, Sierra, and Darcy!
Worst moment this week: The severe jaw/gum pain I started having Monday night. It lasted pretty much all week, with a few of the days ending in a migraine from all the pain. I couldn't even function when the pain was going on. It was almost unbearable. I couldn't sleep, and I would wake up moaning in pain. I ended up on the couch most nights so that I could be in pain and away from Adeline. I didn't want to wake her up. The problem isn't my teeth and even though I had some prescribed meds, nothing really seemed to help. Charles gave me a blessing and I haven't had any pain since Saturday night. And, the 12 hours of contractions that pretty much had me in pre-anxiety-attack mode. I was in Des Moines, away from Charles, and trying to not freak out. All was well, though! I said a few prayers that if it was really go-time, that the Spirit would let me know. I kept getting the feeling that Baby wasn't going to come, but as my contractions got stronger, I started questioning my judgement. Vicious cycle. I hate the end of pregnancy for this reason!
Miss anything: Sushi, tying my own shoes, smaller boobs, not being so puffy.
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Lobster, Doritos, Peanuts
Aversions: Raw Meat, any type of off-smell(when someone burps or passes gas around me I feel like I'm going to puke!)
Appetite: Hearty. But I have to eat small meals during the day or I get RAGING heart burn.
Aversions: Raw Meat, any type of off-smell(when someone burps or passes gas around me I feel like I'm going to puke!)
Appetite: Hearty. But I have to eat small meals during the day or I get RAGING heart burn.
Queasy or sick: Same runny nose!
Workouts: Zumba almost every day! Walking.
Workouts: Zumba almost every day! Walking.
Emotionally: This was a tough week. I felt worthless because I was in so much pain from my face that getting up and going to the bathroom was too much. I did no laundry, no dishes, no cleaning, etc. while in pain. And the times when I was pain-free, I got in as much cleaning as I could. I even went to a few workouts, but regretted those later when I got a migraine from the pain/pressure. Which had me pretty emotional and all over the place. I cried A LOT.
Physically: Pain from my jaw/gum/face. Still not sure exactly what was going on, but I'm so glad that I haven't had any pain like that since Saturday. Hoping it continues this next week! My house needs cleaned! I'm also noticing that if I walk to fast, I get winded very quickly! I started Aqua Zumba this week and for the parts of the songs where I'm suppose to float, I can't! I can't get enough air in my lungs to stay afloat! It's rather hilarious! I just keep my feet down and spin in a circle or kick my feet up and down up like a mermaid. I am also peeing ALL THE TIME. Feels like I did in the beginning of this pregnancy! And if I try to hold it for too long, I end up dribbling on the way to the toilet! TMI, sorry! But for real! I am also swelling up during the day/night. Which I HATE. My rings don't fit, my shoes don't fit, socks cut off my circulation, and I feel HUGE. I haven't had symptoms like this since I was pregnant with Caitlin. I am not loving it, but I am making sure to rest during the day with my feet up, staying hydrated, and I've been watching my Netflix queue! This generally ends with me falling asleep, but I have alarms set on my phone to keep me on my schedule! Haha!
Physically: Pain from my jaw/gum/face. Still not sure exactly what was going on, but I'm so glad that I haven't had any pain like that since Saturday. Hoping it continues this next week! My house needs cleaned! I'm also noticing that if I walk to fast, I get winded very quickly! I started Aqua Zumba this week and for the parts of the songs where I'm suppose to float, I can't! I can't get enough air in my lungs to stay afloat! It's rather hilarious! I just keep my feet down and spin in a circle or kick my feet up and down up like a mermaid. I am also peeing ALL THE TIME. Feels like I did in the beginning of this pregnancy! And if I try to hold it for too long, I end up dribbling on the way to the toilet! TMI, sorry! But for real! I am also swelling up during the day/night. Which I HATE. My rings don't fit, my shoes don't fit, socks cut off my circulation, and I feel HUGE. I haven't had symptoms like this since I was pregnant with Caitlin. I am not loving it, but I am making sure to rest during the day with my feet up, staying hydrated, and I've been watching my Netflix queue! This generally ends with me falling asleep, but I have alarms set on my phone to keep me on my schedule! Haha!
Looking forward to: My next appointment(1-25, 36 weeks), packing my hospital bag, washing all the gender-neutral clothes for Jedi's first week, the nesting instinct to kick-in, going into labor, and meeting this little Jedi!
Here are some more photos from my winter maternity session by Taycey Post Photography! She did SUCH an amazing job! I was in tears while looking through the photos! These aren't even all of them! It was so hard to even narrow down the photos to make collages!
The photos left me speechless! I've struggled this pregnancy with feeling huge and ugly. These photos made me see my body as a strong, amazing thing! Being able to even carry a baby is such a blessing! My body has carried nine babies, with only five of them being carried past 18 weeks. I know that nothing is guaranteed, but I'm so blessed to have this body! Yes, it's puffy, huge, and bloated, but it is a gift! I do not take this for granted! I am taking things one day at a time. I am doing what I can to prepare my body to deliver this baby naturally, if it is God's will. Glory be to Him.
Here are some more photos from my winter maternity session by Taycey Post Photography! She did SUCH an amazing job! I was in tears while looking through the photos! These aren't even all of them! It was so hard to even narrow down the photos to make collages!
The photos left me speechless! I've struggled this pregnancy with feeling huge and ugly. These photos made me see my body as a strong, amazing thing! Being able to even carry a baby is such a blessing! My body has carried nine babies, with only five of them being carried past 18 weeks. I know that nothing is guaranteed, but I'm so blessed to have this body! Yes, it's puffy, huge, and bloated, but it is a gift! I do not take this for granted! I am taking things one day at a time. I am doing what I can to prepare my body to deliver this baby naturally, if it is God's will. Glory be to Him.





No comments:
Post a Comment