Sunday, October 4, 2015

Baby #5, Week 20

How far along: 20 weeks
Weeks to go: 20 weeks(half way! Eeek! I can't believe it!)
Baby is the size of: a banana!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Weight gain: 3 lbs, 12 lbs total (I am feeling this gain, too!)
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Maternity shirts and regular yoga pants/leggings! I fit one pair of maternity jeans right now! I'm excited to get out my fall/winter maternity wardrobe since I never got to wear it during my last pregnancy!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: In. My hernia is starting to make it look flat on one side!
Sleep: MUCH BETTER! I think the difference for me was getting a decent fan in our bedroom! I was waking up before because I'd be hot and sweaty. Now I feel the room is better circulated and I can sleep!
Movement: LOTS of movement from Jedi! It's kinda crazy! I went from feeling random movements to feeling almost every kick and nudge! It truly is amazing!
Best moment this week: Jedi's ultrasound! Charles and I kept it a secret and only told Jedi's Godmother, Jen, since we invited her to go with us! I'm not even sure when the last time she was at an  ultrasound! I'm so glad she was able to come with us! I told the ultrasound tech before we even got into the room that I didn't want to know the baby's gender! She explained how she'd do things and then got started! Jedi was head up, so we never saw the bottom half of Jedi, only Jedi's feet! Jedi's hands were also over his/her face and it made it interesting to try and see Jedi's features! I made sure the ultrasound lady printed off some extra photos for Jen to take home! We got one where we could see the skull and I told her that was the photo I wanted Jen to have! Jen loves skulls! When it came time for the tech to check baby's legs and what not, we all turned away from the screen. Which was the most difficult part! Jen really wanted to look, but I know that her reaction would've given it away if Jedi is a boy! Which we don't even know! AHH! I still can't believe we actually walked out of that room didn't know Jedi's gender! But I am more confident now that we can wait until Jedi's literal birth-day!
Baby Jedi's Profile

Another fun moment from the week was taking our girls to the Blank Park Zoo in Des Monies! We went up as a surprise birthday gift for my dear friend, Amanda! It was a gorgeous day, too! I forgot my camera, so when she posts the photos she took, I'll update this blog post with some photos!
Worst moment this week: The weight gain. I have felt this gain in my face and hips/rear. I cannot explain it, but I just FEEL fat. I know that this is part of any pregnancy, but I am very self conscious as it is. I had a lady in Zumba tell me that I've really grown in the last week and I tried very hard to not cry. Growing a human isn't easy, but I am trying to take each gain in stride. This is all towards the goal of having a healthy, happy baby! I haven't changed my eating habits, my appetite is normal and I'm not overeating or splurging "just because I'm pregnant". The only thing that has changed is the amount of workouts I get in each week. I need to be better about it getting those workouts in! 
Miss anything: Sushi
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Cookie Dough Pop Tarts, Pears, Strawberries, Toast, Scrambled Eggs
Aversions: Raw Meat, Pizza
Appetite: Normal
Queasy or sick: I have some sort of stuffy/runny nose going on! I think it's weather related, but it sucks! I'm having trouble breathing at times, too.
Workouts: Zumba and walking
Emotionally: I've been an emotional wreck, good and bad. I've been good about keeping things contained, but once I'm alone, I let it all out. I get upset over little things, which upsets me even more.. it's a vicious cycle! Then on the other hand, when I'm overwhelmed in a good way, I can't stop crying! A lot of tears... I'm probably dehydrated now!
Physically: I am feeling the weight gain, yes, but I am also feeling more energized! I want to clean more and get things ready for baby! Nesting early?! I'll take it! My house is semi-clean and I'm loving it! It helps with Vivian's birthday party this coming weekend! I need all the motivation I can get to clean!
Looking forward to: Vivian's birthday and her party! Working out more! My next prenatal appointment! Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment