Thursday, July 8, 2010

July -- So Far


Our 4th of July Sunday Outfits!


The Happy Couple!

Well we've been having issues with the wireless internet and have decided that we are going to go ahead and go through a different provider and hope that we have less issues. We have been discussing it for a while now and Charles flat out said that he is tired of waiting for pages to load, pictures to download, etc. He wants to be able to play games online that don't freeze for a while or quit on him every 10 minutes. I agree! But on my side, I hate waiting for half an hour for one picture to upload to my facebook or my Blog.... it gets really old, really fast!

Anywho, July started off wonderful! We had a GORGEOUS week during the end of June and the beginning of July! Not a cloud in the sky for about 5 days straight! Followed by a storm front that moved in and rained out all the activities that were suppose to go on in town on the 3rd and 4th. No parade, no carnival, no fireworks... NOTHING. The rain so so heavy at times that we couldn't see 2 houses down the street! It was crazy! Our city moved the fireworks to July 31st and canceled the carnival and parade all together. We were very upset. Mostly because the 31st is my 5 year High School Reunion and I've already sent in my RSVP that I will be attending.

Our brother in law brought over some small fireworks to do at Mom's house on Tuesday and Caitlin freaked out... so it's probably best that we aren't going to see the fireworks anyway. Caitlin has been going through a lot in July alone.

We took her in for her 15 month check up on June 30th and found out that she weighs a whopping 27 lbs and is 32 inches long. Our baby girl is a toddler now! Dr. G noticed that she had a bite or two along her diaper line on her left side between her hip and belly button. He told me to keep an eye on them and keep them clean and dry. I was doing quite well until July 2nd when I noticed that the bite had become pimple like with a head. Charles popped it and drained out what was inside. I put Neosporin on it and that was mistake number one. It irritated her bite and it just got worse from that point on.

On the 3rd, I ended up calling the ER because she was running a fever and not eating. The man told me to let her take plenty of baths with Epsom salt to soak the bite and help in draining it. Caitlin LOVED that part! She's such a water baby! After the first bath, the bite came to another nasty head and I just left it alone. No place in town had the ointment we needed for her bite. We knew we'd have to wait until Monday to look again for the next shipment, if any, had come in.

Sunday we gave her 3 soak-baths and it continued to drain. Monday came and she was swollen all the way up to her ribs on the left side. We went back to the store and talked with the pharmacy to see if they had an order coming in for the ointment. We ended up special ordering it and having to wait another day.

Tuesday morning, Caitlin's swelling was down a little, so I gave her a soak-bath right away when she woke up. When I was toweling her off, I was patting her bite softly to soak up the puss that was now draining out. I don't know what took over me in the next few minutes after that, but I was prompted to touch around the bite since I noticed her skin wasn't moving naturally with her body. It was rock hard. I pushed down on it lightly and a mixture of blood and green puss starting flowing out of the bite opening. It smelled horrendous and was just gross. So much came out of it. Caitlin was screaming her head off, but I kept draining it until there was nothing left. I put a band aid on it and immediately called the Dr. He couldn't see her until Wednesday. They told me to bring her in when I had my appointment for my head pain.

Wednesday rolled around and I gave her another bath before our morning appointment, nothing came out of the bite when I pushed down on the hard part. Dr. G looked at it and said it was a good thing I had drained it the day before... it could have been much, much worse if I had left all that stuff inside of her. He put her on a double antibiotic and we have already seen a difference in her appetite and general attitude.

As for my head pain, Dr. G sent me to my chiropractor to see if the pain in my head is being caused by nerve end issues. He set me straight (haha) and the pain was immediately gone. Until about 8:30 last night when I started to have my first migraine. It was AWFUL. I have never had one before. And I hope to never have one again. I will be going back in on Monday to see what else we can do for the pain that is now all over in my head instead of just being on one side.

Keep us in your prayers! We need 'em!

1 comment:

  1. YIKES!! You guys have not been busy. It is so scary when something is wrong with those babies. Glad you guys got it figured out. Glad your headaches are better too.

    ReplyDelete