Monday, February 15, 2016

Baby #5, Week 39

How far along: 39 weeks, 1 day! Full term!
Weeks to go: This is the last week! Unless baby decides to go over-due...  
Baby is the size of: a mini-watermelon!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Weight gain: 35 lbs. BOO!
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Comfy maternity pants and large/XL maternity shirts. All day. Err day!
Stretch marks: The very tip of two of my stretch marks have stretched just a little bit more. 
Belly button in or out: Flattie, but my hernia makes it look like an outtie! 
Sleep: Really, really good! Which is surprising, but I've been exhausted lately. I wake up to turn over or go to the bathroom, but I'm able to fall back asleep quickly! There have been three nights this past week where I was up for a few hours with contractions, but I just stayed in bed reading my Kindle. So even though I was awake, I was resting!
Movement: Baby is uber sensitive to my eating habits. If I go too long between meals or drinks of water, Baby doesn't move and it freaks me out. But when Baby is good, we're rocking and rolling! Baby's movements are getting fewer and fewer, so I've been doing kick-counts a few times a day. I had an appointment today and went in for a NST to check on Baby's movements and heart rate. Everything was good! Baby was a little inactive, but not enough for an induction. Praying Baby stays active and that all will be well as we approach labor and delivery.
Labor Signs: Contractions pretty much all day, every day. It gets old keeping track just to have everything stop. I don't feel like these contractions are changing my cervix. But I know they are contractions and not just Braxton Hicks. During my NST today, the nurses said there was a lot if irritability in my uterus, which is a good sign of impending labor. I just feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever at this point... but the good thing is, I do know that Baby will come! It just feels like forever with all of these contractions. I try to zone out by watching Netflix(Supernatural), reading my Kindle, or playing games on Facebook. I'm not even overdue and I'm going crazy!
Best moment this week: Being on my labor ball with Adeline trying to ride my back while I bounced! It was hilarious! I was having contractions every 2 minutes for about 2 hours, but made no progress. Adeline was loving it, though!
Worst moment this week: Being sent home after my NST today. I really thought that my doctor wanted to induce me today, but after my appointment this morning(checking baby's position, my cervix, baby's heart rate, my NST, etc.), my doctor feels like I can safely continue this pregnancy without induction. I am grateful since I was really dreading having a pitocin-induced induction, but part of me had to cry it out because I really thought I would be meeting this baby today or tomorrow. And I'm not. And that's okay! I just need some time to cry about it!
Miss anything: Smaller EVERYTHING!
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Pears, Chili Cheese Fritos, Cajun Trail Mix
Aversions: Raw meat(even the sight of it)
Appetite: Normal. 
Queasy or sick: Fighting off some sort of sickness... I've been drinking a giant glass of orange juice each morning and making sure to keep hydrated and rested. Just in case I do actually get sick before baby comes.
Workouts: Just walking for now. 
Emotionally: Doing pretty good. I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to the unknown aspects of the last few weeks of pregnancy. I am stressing all the time about what time labor will start, who will be able to watch our girls, will the girls be at school, etc. We have a plan, yes, but this whole things makes me nervous. I pray that all will work out for us! I see now why families have home births!
Physically: I. Am. Exhausted. I am still nesting like crazy, but I've started slacking lately because I'm so tired all the time. I've been resting as much as possible and trying to enjoy our family before baby comes and changes our dynamic. I am looking forward to welcoming this baby, but I will miss our family of six! I've been having bloody noses more frequently, but my blood pressure is fine. I've been restricted to just walking for the time, which makes me sad because I love me some Zumba! And I miss going to class. I can tell that some days baby is lower(baby's dropped) and other days, baby is back up high again. I love the days when baby is lower because I can actually eat and NOT get heartburn!
Looking forward to: Labor and delivery. Meeting and holding this baby! Finally knowing Baby's gender! Having a name for this little one(since we still have no idea yet! Yikes!)! Baby snuggles! Breastfeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment