Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baby #5, Week 17

How far along: 17 weeks
Weeks to go: 23 weeks
Baby is the size of: a turnip!
Gender Prediction: Boy... but it will probably be a girl!
Weight gain: 1 lb, 7 lbs total
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes! I love that I can lay down and my belly doesn't go away! I love to just lay and rub my belly and talk to this baby! I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've ever talked to my belly, too! Not sure why, but since I don't know how many more pregnancies I'm going to have, I have been really soaking up each moment!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Just shirts with my regular yoga pants! And on occasion, my maternity shorts, but they are still too big, so I have to use my maternity support top to hold my pants up!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Even though Adeline is now sleeping through the night, I still wake up every time I turn or shift in bed. I think it's because I'm paranoid that I'm going to lay on my belly! I've woken up a few times laying on my belly and it scares me! I've been propping my body up with pillows so that I don't turn over onto my belly, but I still wake up!
Movement: Yes! I just love feeling those little baby kicks and flutters!
Best moment this week: My 16 week appointment on 8/8/15! Everything is going well and my belly and baby are both growing perfectly! Baby's heart rate was 150 bpm! Baby was also moving around so my doctor kept having to move the doppler to find and hear Baby's heart! Then later that day, we went to Des Moines on for an impromptu visit for food and to visit the sculpture park downtown! The girls had a BLAST!
I also had an amazing weekend in Des Moines with my best friend Jen and her son! We did some shopping for necessities, had lunch at HuHot, went to Target's Star Wars event, I bought some Star Wars jammies for my husband, I bought some maternity stuff that finally went on sale, then we enjoyed the sunset on the way home! It was awesome to be with Jen for the day!
Worst moment this week: The anxiety before my appointment. I always get so nervous about hearing Baby's heartbeat. 
Miss anything: Sushi
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Strawberries, Pears, Pickle Wrap Dip
Aversions: Pizza, lunchtime
Appetite: Normal
Queasy or sick: I get queasy/morning-sickish around noon. I'm not sure why, but it makes it difficult to eat lunch. And it doesn't really go away for the rest of the afternoon. Boo.
Workouts: I made it to most of my workouts for the week! I was so happy to be back and get a good sweat in! Felt amazing! And it really helps me to sleep better!
Emotionally: Much better this week! I still get weepy during sad movies, thinking about how much my girls have grown, how much I love my husband, etc. Normal pregnancy hormones at work! And I feel so much better! I still get upset quicker than normal, but I think that it's normal while pregnant!
Physically: I have so much more energy! The new school schedule has been great for me! I get up early, get some cleaning in before my girls get up, I get some alone time, and I'm not so exhausted! By the end of the day, that's another story!
Looking forward to: My ultrasound! It is scheduled, but I'm not saying when it is! Mostly because I am still convincing myself that Charles and I don't want to find out Baby's gender and if I post that I'm about to have the ultrasound, people will comment what they think Baby's gender is, then I think I'll cave and find out! So in order to be strong, no one will know! I still love you all! Balloon Days and my 10 year High School reunion this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment