Monday, June 30, 2014

Baby Girl #4, Week 39


How far along: 39 weeks!
Weeks to go: This is the last week! Unless she decides to go over-due!
Baby is the size of: a mini watermelon!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Gender Reveal: Girl
Weight gain: 31 pounds
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Maternity yoga pants and large maternity shirts. Every. Single. Day.
Stretch marks: Three of my longest stretch marks have stretched just a little more on the very tips!
Belly button in or out: Flattie, but my hernia makes it look like an outtie!
Sleep: Not very good. I'm getting restless. I take naps during the day since I can't keep my eyes open, and it makes sleeping at night a difficult task. I think this is my body's way of preparing me for the breastfeeding cycle of feeding Adeline every 2 hours for the first week or so! 
Movement: Still as active as ever! Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch and Rosie was sitting in front of me so that I could do her hair. Adeline shifted/kicked so hard that it almost knocked Rosie forward off the couch! We both had a pretty good laugh!
Labor Signs: Lots, and I mean LOTS, of Braxton Hicks (BH) contractions. Some have been very painful and have made me think that it was a true contraction, but no... they were only BH contractions. Every single day this past week, I've had at least a two to four hour stretch of inconsistent BH contractions. It was emotionally hard for me... getting excited that it might be time, and then everything stops. 
Best moment this week: Going on a walk with the new jogging stroller! It was a really nice day, so Charles and I took the girls for a walk! We alternated the girls and gave them each chances to ride and walk! We went 2.3 miles! Charles put off mowing the lawn so that we could go on our walk, and then the rest of the week, it rained! But we had a great walk and enjoyed the time as a family of five! But we are excited to go on family walks as a family of six very soon!
Worst moment this week: There have been a few... but most of them are from my crazy hormones. No joke. I ended up breaking down on Saturday and crying for a good few hours. I'm talking, ugly pregnant cry. Tears, snot, coughing... the works. But through all of this came a wonderful blessing! I felt marvelous afterwards! I think that keeping those feelings inside isn't the best thing to do! So once I had cried out all of those negative hormones, I felt fantastic!
Miss anything: People NOT commenting on how large I've gotten. For real. If one more person says, "You're STILL pregnant?!" or "You're so huge! You must be miserable!" to me ONE MORE TIME, I am going to LOSE MY MIND! Most of these comments come from women who have had kids before. Can they seriously NOT remember what it's like to be nine months pregnant?! Yes, I'm huge! Yes, I'm miserable! Yes, I'm kinda over being pregnant right now! But you know what?! I'm GROWING A HUMAN! I'm going to be huge! Please do not remind me. This is why I don't leave my house anymore. I hate going out and having people comment on me "still" being pregnant. "You're still pregnant?!" and I'm all like, "No! I actually had her and just left her at home alone!"...
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Fresh Fruit (especially cold watermelon!)
Aversions: Raw Meat
Appetite: Normal!
Queasy or sick: Still getting over the runny nose/cough/chest congestion thing. I feel much better today, but every single day this past week, I've had to carry around tissues anywhere I go. Even if it's across my house! And I've been having heartburn again... I got a week or so of a break, and now it's back again. BOO!
Workouts: Walking, walking, walking! 
Emotionally: It's been another roller-coaster week! But yesterday, Charles gave me a blessing and it was just what I needed. It was beautiful! And I am perfectly content with things! Before, I was getting very upset when I'd have contractions all day and then not have a baby by the end of the day. Sounds silly probably, but day after day of this... I was not in good shape, emotionally. I'd get my hopes up, and then BOOM... nothing. So after praying and Charles giving me a blessing, I can honestly say that I am content with the Lord's timing and that I know that Adeline will come in due time! Not necessarily when it'll be most convenient for me, but in the Lord's time! Adeline will come when she's ready! There is nothing I can do that will make her come any sooner. And I am okay with that. I am enjoying these last few days (or weeks) with Caitlin, Rosalie, and Vivian. Letting them know how much they are loved and how much they will still be loved once Adeline comes. They are SO ready to meet their sister! And so am I! But most of all, I want her to come when she's ready!
Physically: For as large and miserable as everyone says that I am, I actually feel really good! I have the normal aches of being this pregnant; hip pain, knee pain, back aches, etc. But I've been making sure to get plenty of rest! I want my body to be as rested as possible for my labor! I have no idea how long my active labor will last, so I want to be plenty rested! I am loving being able to lay and have my older girls come and lay on my belly and talk to Adeline! I'm a little slower when I walk, but as long as I'm moving forward, I'm content! I've also had to run to the bathroom to pee about seven to ten times each hour! I know that Adeline is sitting low in my pelvis, but I really cannot hold my pee! If I cough, sneeze, laugh, etc, I have to run waddle to the bathroom as quickly as possible! And yes, I have peed my pants a few times! Embarrassing? Yes. But another glorious side effect of being nine months pregnant with my fourth child! I've been wearing pads/liners so that I don't have to keep changing my clothes! (TMI, sorry!)
Looking forward to: My 39 week appointment tomorrow! Labor and delivery! Meeting this little lady when she decides to come! All of the Fourth of July festivities (if I'm still pregnant when those happen)!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are so beautiful! I've never even had kids, but would never say some things that people say to you!! Most people don't have a filter, unfortunately.
    I know she will come in God's perfect timing. I hope it's soon for your sake. I love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete