Monday, June 23, 2014

Baby Girl #4, Week 38


How far along: 38 weeks!
Weeks to go: 2 weeks, but she can come whenever she wants!
Baby is the size of: a leek!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Gender Reveal: Girl
Weight gain: Not sure, will know tomorrow at my OB appointment!
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! But I seriously want to wear just a swimming suit all day... I sweat so terribly right now! Wearing clothes feels like torture! But I wear them, of course, because no one wants to see me naked. Aside from my husband... 
Stretch marks: The very tip of one of my stretch marks has stretched just a little bit more! It took 38 weeks, but it happened! 
Belly button in or out: Flattie, but my hernia makes it look like an outtie!
Sleep: Better! I've been taking a Benadryl at night to help with my allergies and it helps me to sleep! 2 birds, one stone! I still wake up for my midnight potty break, which is now turning into 2 to 3 trips each night. I still wake up to turn, but I'm able to fall right back to sleep!
Movement: Even though she's basically out of room, she's still VERY active! She takes rests more often, and when she's awake, she's rocking and rolling!
Labor Signs: TONS of Braxton Hicks(BH) contractions. Mostly in the evenings. Some BH contractions during the day. My stomach will get super tight and stay that way for about 2 to 5 minutes. The most consistent my BH contractions were were about every 5 to 6 minutes for two hours. I love that my body is preparing for Adeline's arrival! I've been envisioning birthing her as I have these contractions... it helps me to relax and let my body do what it needs to do in order to birth this baby girl. I am so amazed by my body! I've been praying that I will know without a doubt when I'm actually going into labor! I didn't know I was going into labor with Caity, while with Rosie and Vivi's births, I was induced, so I knew what was going on. I'm hoping to go into labor on my own! I'm still praying that I don't go over the 40 week mark, but we'll see! 
Best moment this week: Finding out that I'm 2 centimeters dilated at my 37 week appointment! Taking my girls to Mt. Pisgah for a primary activity at church! I have never been out there, so I was very excited to see and learn about the pioneers who crossed Iowa! We had a blast! The girls LOVED the wagon ride and going into the log cabin! Even though they didn't really understand the history behind the place, I know they felt the spirit while there! They want to go back again and so do I!
Also, my surprise baby shower on Saturday! I went to the temple that morning with my husband, my sister-in-law, and her husband. She invited Charles and I over for supper and half-way through, she told me that someone wanted me to go outside and play. I was confused since everyone was already inside, so I went out on T's back porch and saw a line of my friends standing behind a double-seat jogging stroller! They had all pitched in, along with some other friends who weren't able to come, to buy me a jogging stroller so that I can keep up with my training after I have Adeline! I was totally surprised and it took everything I had in me to NOT cry! I have never had a surprise party in my life! I was NOT dressed for a party and I felt like I looked like poo... but no one cared! I guess that's the point of a surprise baby shower! And since this is my fourth daughter, I was totally not planning on having a shower for her. More of a "meet-and-greet" after she arrives! But since we have everything for a girl baby, and we cloth diaper, we didn't see any real point in having a baby/diaper shower. Not that Adeline isn't special or her arrival shouldn't be celebrated, we just wanted to celebrate her after she arrives! So to have my friends come together and do this for Charles and I is beyond amazing! I am speechless! I have some of the greatest friends EVER! I am feeling the love! And to top it all off, Jen had a pink R2D2 hat/diaper cover set made for Miss Adeline! I am SO excited to put her in it after she arrives!
We all went inside with the air-conditioning and played a baby shower game and ate some AMAZING cupcakes! So to all the people who came together to do this wonderful thing for my family, I thank you! I love you more than words could ever truly express!
Worst moment this week: Friday, I had some severe mood swings going on. Nothing too terrible. Mostly internal battles. Serious doubts about Adeline's birth, being able to raise FOUR daughters, feeling like an inadequate mother, etc. And then afterwards, I would feel like I could take on the world and conquer every hardship/battle that was thrown my way. Then I'd be right back to my doubts and fears. It was depressing, but I prayed for comfort, and was blessed with it! 
Miss anything: SMALLER BOOBS. For real... I think I've gone UP another cup size. *sigh*
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night. Although with the heat and me swelling up like a balloon, I've been keeping my rings off unless I leave the house! If I'm in air conditioning, I'm good. But if I go somewhere with no air conditioning, I'm miserable and I swell up. Not. Fun.
Cravings: Fresh Fruit (especially cold watermelon!), Wild Berry Skittles, Italian Ice, Crushed Ice
Aversions: Raw Meat
Appetite: Hearty! Now that Adeline has dropped, I have more room to get my om-nom-nom on!
Queasy or sick: Allergies are still making me feel sick. I'm not sure if I'm actually sick or not, but my nose started running non-stop Thursday. By Saturday, I was carrying around a roll of toilet paper with me everywhere I went. I noticed my voice started getting scratchy. By Sunday morning, my voice was all but gone and my throat was super sore. Sticky eyes, stuffy nose, runny nose... I'm praying that I'm over all of this BEFORE Adeline arrives! And get this, I've only had heartburn ONCE this week! I think it's because Adeline has dropped some! WOO HOO!
Workouts: Zumba and walking! LOTS of walking! Hoping to get some more contractions going! I've also invested in an exercise ball to sit on during the day while at the computer, folding laundry, or watching movies. My back feels better and it helps Adeline down into my pelvis! I've been sitting, rocking, swaying, and bouncing pretty much non-stop! I. LOVE. IT! So much better for my back/hips!
Emotionally: Like I said above, I was having some mood swings on Friday, but the rest of the week was wonderful! I got to spend one-on-one time with my girls each day. I got to spend time with Charles in the temple on Saturday. I got to spend time with my family and friends Saturday night. I've been praying more as I get closer to my labor and Adeline's delivery, and it's helped me to be calmer and more relaxed. I trust and love my Heavenly Father. I know that He loves me and is watching over me! I am so grateful for this pregnancy and for this little lady. My heart is so full! I feel somewhat unworthy for these blessings, but I am SO grateful that God has blessed me anyways!
Physically: I'm having more spurts of energy as I get closer to Adeline's arrival! I generally nest whenever I get a burst of energy, but afterwards, I usually have to take a nap for at least for an hour or so! I think I'm at the point in my pregnancy where I'm not sure if I can get any bigger, so I've been more comfortable and aware of myself. I get winded quickly, especially going up stairs, but I'm still able to maintain myself during Zumba! There are times where my knees, hips, and back get achy, but with the exercise ball, it's becoming less and less of an issue! 
Looking forward to: My 38 week check-up tomorrow! My doctor checking my dilation and PRAYING for some progress! Going into labor and FINALLY getting to meet this little lady! Getting some MAJOR baby snuggles after she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment