Baby is the size of: a bunch of Swiss chard
Gender Prediction: Boy
Gender Reveal: Girl
Gender Reveal: Girl
Weight gain: 30 pounds total, I haven't gained anything since 32 weeks, but since Adeline is growing, my doctor isn't worried!
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Lots of comfy maternity clothes and jammies!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: In most days, a flattie some other days... but my hernia makes it look like an outtie! Depends on how Adeline is laying!
Sleep: Not so great this week... I'm not having any trouble getting comfortable, I've been having issues with my allergies. Constant sneezing, itchy eyes, coughing, etc. I'm taking a one Claritin a day, but it's not really working. Zyrtec is my go-to allergy medicine, but I can't take any while pregnant.
Movement: For as little room as she has, she is still VERY active! There was one day this week where she hardly moved at all and I found myself counting her kicks every hour. It got kinda scary a few times, but she always started moving a lot near the end of the hour. Thank you Heavenly Father! Otherwise, she moves and moves and moves! Lots of nudges and shifting around!
Labor Signs: Yes! I've had inconsistent and consistent contractions every single day. Braxton hicks? Maybe. But at this stage in my pregnancy, my contractions could be the real thing. So I keep a notepad and pen handy to start keeping track of my contractions. There is also a contraction app that I downloaded onto Charles' phone that I used yesterday. The most regular they've been was a contraction every 10 minutes for about three hours. Then they stopped completely. I try not to get too excited when they come, but I do make sure that everything is ready to go, just in case! I have a feeling this little lady is going to come out FAST!
Labor Signs: Yes! I've had inconsistent and consistent contractions every single day. Braxton hicks? Maybe. But at this stage in my pregnancy, my contractions could be the real thing. So I keep a notepad and pen handy to start keeping track of my contractions. There is also a contraction app that I downloaded onto Charles' phone that I used yesterday. The most regular they've been was a contraction every 10 minutes for about three hours. Then they stopped completely. I try not to get too excited when they come, but I do make sure that everything is ready to go, just in case! I have a feeling this little lady is going to come out FAST!
Best moment this week: My 36 week appointment! I had my strep test done (not my favorite, but I'm use to them now) and I got a shot in my arm for pertussis (whooping cough). I have never gotten it with my other pregnancies, but the CDC is recommending it for all pregnant mothers. (Read more here and here.) I am still measuring big, in the 38 to 39 cm range, but my doctor isn't worried about it since seeing my last ultrasound! I have plenty of fluid and Adeline is measuring right on for her due date! I also had some maternity photos taken, but something was wrong with my camera and the photos turned out very grainy and the color was off. So we're going to try again this week with a different camera! Makes me a little sad because some of the shots turned out wonderful!
Worst moment this week: My sore arm from my pertussis shot! I'm not a weakling, but I couldn't lift my arm for about two days without having pain. It wasn't terrible pain, just annoying. And I had a minor breakdown on Saturday. It was just not a good day for me. Lots of tears. Some anger. I had to actively keep myself preoccupied or I would just sob and sob... it wasn't fun. My face was very tender by the end of the day... While I hate to admit it, I do still worry that I'll have postpartum depression again. But I know now what to do and am willing to deal with it, if it comes. I pray not.
Worst moment this week: My sore arm from my pertussis shot! I'm not a weakling, but I couldn't lift my arm for about two days without having pain. It wasn't terrible pain, just annoying. And I had a minor breakdown on Saturday. It was just not a good day for me. Lots of tears. Some anger. I had to actively keep myself preoccupied or I would just sob and sob... it wasn't fun. My face was very tender by the end of the day... While I hate to admit it, I do still worry that I'll have postpartum depression again. But I know now what to do and am willing to deal with it, if it comes. I pray not.
Miss anything: Smaller boobs. Not having heartburn. Not having allergies. Not having pregnancy hormones running through my body.
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Simply Salted Popcorn, Fresh Fruit (Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Watermelon, etc), Italian Ice (I could eat the stuff all day and night! It helps with my craving to chew crushed ice!), Crushed Ice
Aversions: Raw Meat (really bad this week, again)
Appetite: Normal! Though I could totally eat watermelon all day long!
Aversions: Raw Meat (really bad this week, again)
Appetite: Normal! Though I could totally eat watermelon all day long!
Queasy or sick: Allergies making me feel sick, but I'm not actually sick. And my heartburn was pretty terrible this week, too. I should buy a stock in Tums...
Workouts: Zumba and walking! Not much else I want to do too far away from my house! Just in case my water breaks or something! I thought about having a friend go on walks with me so that I'm not alone if something does happen!
Workouts: Zumba and walking! Not much else I want to do too far away from my house! Just in case my water breaks or something! I thought about having a friend go on walks with me so that I'm not alone if something does happen!
Emotionally: Still pretty emotional. I get very upset easily and I get super weepy at times, but it's really only when I think about what could go wrong with my labor and delivery. I know it's normal for pregnant women to go through these thoughts before their baby arrives, but I have to disconnect myself from my brain. I need to zone out just to calm down. I've been crafting the past few days and it's helped. I made some paintings for the girls' room and I'm starting to crochet again. I just need something to calm me down and get my mind on happy things! I have been praying for comfort.
Physically: I. Am. Exhausted. Probably comes with being this pregnant, but I feel especially exhausted. Might be my allergies... but this week has been super lazy for me. I don't want to do anything. And then I'll have moments when I want to CLEAN ALL THE THINGS! Or organize... or sort papers... or start purging things from our storage room... I'm not sure if I'm nesting, but my house is clean as a result!
My doctor's nurse also called me and told me that I have slightly low iron in my blood. Which could also be contributing to my tiredness and cravings to eat ice. It's not too terribly low, but enough that I need to start making sure to take my prenatal vitamin each day. I was kinda slacking on taking them, but I've been diligent this week! I am also noticing that Adeline has dropped! I don't get as winded as before. My bras don't cut into my upper stomach anymore. And I can eat more food than I have been able to in the previous weeks! She's not too terribly low yet, but just enough to give me some relief! I still get major heartburn, though!
Looking forward to: My 37 week appointment tomorrow! Church primary trip for my girls on Wednesday! Temple trip on Saturday!
Physically: I. Am. Exhausted. Probably comes with being this pregnant, but I feel especially exhausted. Might be my allergies... but this week has been super lazy for me. I don't want to do anything. And then I'll have moments when I want to CLEAN ALL THE THINGS! Or organize... or sort papers... or start purging things from our storage room... I'm not sure if I'm nesting, but my house is clean as a result!
My doctor's nurse also called me and told me that I have slightly low iron in my blood. Which could also be contributing to my tiredness and cravings to eat ice. It's not too terribly low, but enough that I need to start making sure to take my prenatal vitamin each day. I was kinda slacking on taking them, but I've been diligent this week! I am also noticing that Adeline has dropped! I don't get as winded as before. My bras don't cut into my upper stomach anymore. And I can eat more food than I have been able to in the previous weeks! She's not too terribly low yet, but just enough to give me some relief! I still get major heartburn, though!
Looking forward to: My 37 week appointment tomorrow! Church primary trip for my girls on Wednesday! Temple trip on Saturday!



No comments:
Post a Comment