Monday, February 10, 2014

Baby #4, Week 19


How far along: 19 weeks!
Baby is the size of: an heirloom tomato!
Gender Prediction: Boy!
Weight gain: I forgot to weigh myself this morning... 
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes! Although I feel like some days I'm bigger and some days I'm smaller.
Maternity clothes: Yep! Though I still need ones that actually fit me!
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: It depends on the night. Vivian has been sick this past week and ended up in bed with us. I sleep horribly when she's in bed with Charles and I. I really, really, really hate it when she ends up in bed with us, but Charles says that it's that or she'll scream until the other two wake up. So he'd rather her be in bed with us than risk waking the other two. Next time it happens, I'm going to sleep on the couch. I really can't sleep with a child in my bed.
Movement: Lots and lots of movement! Baby is SO active! Especially after I eat!
Best moment this week: Charles feeling a super big kick from Baby! It was so big that I watched his hand bounce up when it happened! Such a neat moment for the three of us!
Worst moment this week: Feeling like I can't control my anger/frustration. My girls want to go outside and play. They have cabin fever so bad right now. So my house is a constant crazy house. Every five minutes, someone is screaming, crying, or fighting. It's getting bad. And I'm so frustrated with it. Caitlin is the tattletale, Rosalie is the crier, and Vivian is the screamer. It gets old fast. And I love my girls, but there are days where I end up just screaming my head off and crying in my room. I'm an emotional wreck most days. I laugh about it after the girls go down for bed, but on the inside, I wish I could get a hold of my emotions. I hate yelling and screaming at my girls. 
Miss anything: Feeling "normal"... working out... Zumba... running... smaller boobs.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Cravings: Grilled Cheese, Snickers Apple Salad, Avocados, Fresh Fruit, Raw Almonds
Aversions: Raw Chicken
Appetite: Normal! I went to a quilting party on Sunday and didn't have enough room in my stomach for all of the delicious foods! I was a sad panda! I had to pace myself, which is a good thing, but I really wanted more food!
Queasy or sick: Aside from a stuffy/runny nose, this week has been great for me! I still feel run-down, but I'm not sick! (knock on wood!)
Workouts: Lots of walking! Lots of house cleaning, which had me sweating! I'm not sure if I'm "out of shape" or if it was because I was lifting heavy things? It felt good to sweat, though!
Emotionally: Still emotionally drained. I cry on my own now, not in front of Charles or the girls. I don't want them thinking it's because of them. I just have a lot going on in my head that I'm having some trouble dealing with. And I don't want them to think that they are the reason I'm sad or crying. I just feel like I have no control over my emotions. I feel like I did before my doctor told me I had postpartum depression. Will I have it again? I'm not sure. I just don't like feeling so much all at once. It's overwhelming for me. And I feel crazy talking about it...
Physically: I. Am. Exhausted. Which is an understatement. Most days, I take an afternoon nap, go to bed early, and by the time I've woken up and been up for an hour, I'm ready for bed again. It's nice to have a book to read now, I'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. The movie is coming out in March and I wanted to read the book first! I LOVE IT! The frustrating part is that even though I am loving the book, I get 10 minutes into reading and I've fallen asleep! I keep losing my place! Haha! My hips haven't been bothering me as much, but there are still times where it flairs up and I can't breathe. My acne is clearing up! And I've been having issues with my umbilical hernia that I got while pregnant with Rosalie. It's not big, but it hurts. It's off to the side of my belly button. I only have issues with it while pregnant. And it's so, so tender right now. Probably from sneezing, coughing, and blowing my nose so much. I have to hold my stomach now when I walk, cough, sneeze, blow my nose, etc. It also starts bothering me around the 20 week mark, when my uterus is right at my belly button. I am excited to get over this point in my pregnancy. It gets better around 23 to 25 weeks. At least it did when I was pregnant with Vivian. I want to get it repaired, but there's no point just yet since we want more children. And having it repaired now would mean that it would tear apart with a later pregnancy. We want to wait until we're done having kids in order to have it repaired. 
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound in NINE days!!!! The gender reveal cake/party! The name reveal! Working out! Zumba! Running!

I also wanted to show you the fabric I've chosen for the quilt I'm making for Caitlin! Charles helped me pick out the elephant pattern, then I matched the four solid colors the best I could!


I bought them all at JoAnn's in Des Monies. They were online the day I went to the store, and I cannot find them on the website now. I am excited to start quilting, though! I have so many ideas in my head for my other girls' quilts! And for a quilt for the new baby, when we find out the gender, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment