Monday, February 4, 2013

My Second Virtal 5K - Tackle the Miles

I ran my second virtual 5K today! It was the first run in the 13 in 2013 Virtual Race Series. I was going to run it this morning, but after a late night with my teething baby, it wasn't an option. The only time I was able to complete it was right before Zumba. I had 30 minutes to complete it. I set the treadmill to a speed of 7.5 and stayed there for 1.5 miles, turned it down to 7.3 for a mile, then cranked it back to 7.5 to finish the 3.1 miles. 

My time was 25:06! 

My fastest time EVER! I went to take a picture of it with my phone as it died on me. I turned it back on, but by the time I was ready to take the photo, the treadmill had turned off. Lamesauce! I had to get going to Zumba. I was frustrated with not having a picture of my time, but SO happy at the same time that I had gotten a PR!


So a photo of me at home afterwards and a photo of my racing bib will have to suffice! I don't know if I will be able to keep that pace up for my next 5K, but I'm sure going to try! I want to run my next 5K on the pavement so that I know what my pace is without using a treadmill! I know it will be slower, but hey, I'm proud of my treadmill time!

I have completed two runs of my thirteen for the year! Things are looking good for me to be able to get all of my races this year! I am very excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment