Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day 2013


I woke up this morning at 6 with Miss Vivian, and was soon joined by both Miss Caitlin and Miss Rosalie! Not really how I wanted things to happen, but I went with it anyway!

I had originally planned to wake up early and make breakfast before anyone woke up! Obviously, that did not happen! So I started breakfast late, but Charles had time to eat before he woke up, thankfully!

I had to work on his Valentine this morning, which was hard to do with the girls wanting to cuddle/write on his card! But I finished it fast and placed it outside in the Jeep along with a big bag of Peanut M&M's!

I started the bacon hearts next! I will be using thicker bacon next time since most of the hearts didn't turn out very well. But I had four perfect hearts!

I fried up the rest of the bacon, made peppered country gravy, and pink heart-shaped pancakes. When you put them all together, it makes a wonderful breakfast! It's something my husband's family introduced me to our first year of marriage. It's a southern thing, but seriously, good stuff! Try it some time! This is what it looked like:

The photo doesn't do it justice...
I had to use my lame camera on my phone because I couldn't find my normal camera right away.
Oh well... it was delicious!
The girls ate two pancakes each with a banana! Hungry, hungry girls! Charles had three pancakes with the works! I had two small pancakes with the equivalent of two pieces of bacon and 1/4 cup of the gravy. (Hooray for counting calories!)

Charles then left for work. I ran over to the window to watch his reaction from the Valentine I left him in the jeep. As he was getting back out of the Jeep to come inside, I ran back into the kitchen and acted like I had been sitting there the whole time! Haha! He had tears in his eyes! (My Valentine was kinda mushy, but I do love that man like crazy!) We hugged and cried a bit, then he was off to work!

I got the girls ready for the day in their Valentine clothes and snapped some photos of them!

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I have some fun stuff planned for the girls, mostly craft stuff, we're having red beans and rice with andouille sausage for supper (another southern dish), and then I'm going to work out and attend an event for 1 Billion Rising!

No comments:

Post a Comment