We last left off at my nephew's birthday party. A lot has happened since then! So I'll do my best to remember all that has happened!
On July 10th, we had our friends Amber and Jake, over for supper! They brought their puppy, Maddie, with them. The girls were a little scared at first, especially Caitlin, but they all warmed up to her and had a blast chasing her around!
The next day, I wanted to work on the wall art for the girls' room upstairs. (I'll be posting more on that on my craft blog!) I am doing the fabric in embroidery hoops that is popular right now. I don't usually like trends, but I really like the look of the finished product! Anyway, while I was getting things ready, I decided to feed Vivian beforehand. After she was finished, she got a hold of one of the hoops and kept looking thorugh it and saying, "Hiiiiii! Hiiiii! Hiiiii!" It was super cute, so I had to snap a photo! When Caitlin saw what I was doing, she wanted me to take a photo of her. Right before I snapped the photo, she said, "Hold on! I have to put my puzzle on my head!" I love that little girl!
On July 13th, I spent my day preparing for Jamie's birthday party at my house. I found a pin on pinterest for glee themed cupcakes, so I decided to make them for the party! I served them with fruit and dip, popcorn, and strawberry lemonade. Jenny, Deidre, and Karmen came over to help us celebrate! We watched The Vow and painted our nails! It was nice to kick back and relax with friends!
We have spent a lot of time outside! The girls just love playing in the yard and going to the pool. That is how most of the last month or so has been spent!
One Saturday the pool was closed, so we broke out our own! We even got a sprinkler! The girls had a blast! Even Vivian was enjoying the water!
We spend our evenings in the front yard enjoying to cooler weather! Charles chased the girls around and took the photos below on the right. They had so much fun running around with their Daddy!
The next morning, the weather was cool. I took the girls outside and had the camera with me. Caitlin noticed and said, "Mommy, Rosie and I are going to make silly faces! Take pictures of us!" So I did!
Vivian even wanted to join in on the picture taking! She was being a ham!
On the days where the weather was too hot to go outside, my girls had plenty to do inside! We played Memory a lot, colored in coloring books, drew on blank paper, sang songs, and more! It gives me a taste of what it must be like for Mothers who homeschool!
![]() |
| Cheese-faces! |
![]() |
| Spinning around in their Sunday dresses! |
One of the things I love the most about being a stay-at-home mother is being able to watch my daughters grow each day. It is a day-to-day process and it goes by so fast! I swear it feels like we just brought Caitlin home from the hospital! Where have the past 3+ years gone? It's gone by so, so fast! Before I had Caity, people would always tell me, "Don't blink!". It's taken me this long to realize what they meant.
I now say that to every new parent! It is so true! It's hard for me to believe that Vivian is 10 months old! Where has the time gone? So much has happened and yet I feel like some days go so slow. I guess having children changes a parent's perspective on time. That's all we really have that's important. I try to spend as much time with my daughters as I possibly can! I don't know how much time I have with them. (of course I hope it's years and years and years and YEARS!) But what I want my children to remember later in life is that I spent my time with them. Playing, laughing, singing, dancing....











No comments:
Post a Comment