We had our family and friends by our sides that day in the temple, as well as outside waiting for us. I am the only member of the Church in my family, so my best friend Jenelle sat next to me in the temple in the Mother's seat. It meant the world to me to know that she was sitting next to me, supporting me. I had a tough road in 2007 leading up to the day I entered into the temple to be sealed to my eternal companion.
The people standing by our sides in our wedding party are the people who supported us both through every single curve ball and bump in the road. There were some people who weren't able to make it to stand with us, but they were there in spirit. By my side that day were Jenelle, my matron of honor, and Alyce, my maid of honor. The other two ladies who weren't able to stand with me were Caitlin, my second maid of honor, and Sara, my third maid of honor. As you can see, I couldn't choose just ONE maid of honor... so I had three! By Charles' side that day were John, his best man, and Brigham, his groomsman. The other two groomsmen who weren't able to stand with him were Nate and Brandon.
A few weeks after the wedding, we honeymooned in Huatulco, Mexico. We spent an all inclusive week at the Gala Resort. It was a beautiful honeymoon and we had an amazing time losing track of time! We had no schedule to go by... no clocks... it was just us and the ocean! Our hope is to go back on our 10th or 15th anniversary! I am excited for that week!
We found out on our first anniversary that we were expecting a baby! We later found out that we would be expecting a little girl! It was a wonderful way to wake up on our first anniversary!
I can't even count the ways that we have changed as a couple over the past five years... we have welcomed three beautiful daughters; Caitlin Nadine, Rosalie Cadence, and Vivian Rane. God has blessed us so much by giving us our three little ladies! We have grown so close as a couple and as parents.
I love our love. It is truly one of a kind! Our love has shaped and molded us into the people we are today. We have gained and lost so much in the past five years... but with everything, we have turned to God and trusted in His plan for us. We have been blessed more times than I can count... I am grateful.
As with everything that we have celebrated and endured over the past five years... COME WHAT MAY!
And on a side note, I tried the five-year-dress challenge today. And guess what...
IT STILL FITS!
Thank goodness for corset style wedding dresses!







No comments:
Post a Comment