Monday, August 6, 2012

Seven Years and Ten Months



Today is my seven year anniversary for belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Seven years ago today, I entered the waters of baptism to take upon me the name of Christ and stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places. I had some amazing people who were by my side that day! *Note; some of these photos are kinda hard to see because they were taken with a disposable camera and scanned back in 2005! I wish I would've had a digital camera back then!

Elder Grant Powell
He was transferred in a few weeks before my baptism. He confirmed me a member the next day.
Elder Nate Miller
One of the original Missionaries who taught me. This was right before the baptism!
Elder Nate Miller
After the baptism, before we went back into the chapel.
Elder Kevin Johnson
Outside afterwards. He was in the original set of Missionaries who taught me.
At the park afterwards.
Alyce, Adam, Carie (me), and Dan
My best friend, Alyce, shared the gospel with me after we had graduated in 2005.  It was exactly what I needed for myself.  I had a lot of opposition from my family and some of my friends, but in the end, the decision was my own. And of all the people to have come, when Adam and Dan showed up, tears started streaming down my face. The three of us had been through a lot in High School, and no matter what, they were there that day to support me. Alyce saw a light in me and never gave up on me. There were times where I thought she'd run for the hills... but she stayed by my side! And for that, I am eternally grateful!

Alyce and Carie
Sisters FOREVER
On the way home from my baptism.
My last discussion before I left for College.
(L to R) Clinton, Clark, Elder Powell, Caleb, Carie (me), Elder Miller, Alyce
When I went to UNI, I met so many wonderful people. People who inspired me and made me want to better myself. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father put those people in my life. I needed them. I still do. I probably always will. They are my family now. We have all changed, and some of us hardly talk anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that these people have touched my life and set amazing examples for me.

Carie and Jenelle
She is my Mother in the gospel. I can't even describe the love I feel for this woman. She. Is. Amazing.
She took me through the temple for my Endowment and sat at my side in the Mother's seat on my wedding day.
I love her so much. I wish we lived closer.
Carie and Sara
We are called the RCC (Recent Convert Chicks)
I love this girl so much! We were baptized around the same time!
Nicole, Cara, Melinda, Sara, and Carie
Some of the amazing women I met while at UNI.
Christopher and Carie
I love this guy! He's my best friend! We are into a lot of the same things (musicals, music, etc) and he has been awesome to me these past seven years! 
Dave and Carie
Dave is an amazing guy! He helped me through some really hard times!
Sammy G and Carie
Sammy was there for me all the time! He never judged me and proved to be a best friend! 
And of course, there are many more people that have changed my life, and they know who they are! But the one person who has changed my life for the better, I married! I needed a righteous priesthood holder to lead me to the temple. I needed a best friend in my darkest hour. This man helped me to become the woman, wife, and mother that I am today. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have my gorgeous daughters: Caitlin, Rosalie, and Vivian. Charles, I love you. You are my eternal companion. And I thank Heavenly Father above all, for you. 

Our Wedding Day
August 11, 2007
I have changed in so many ways since I was at college. And I know it has been for the better. But I still have a long ways to go! I am learning more and more each day. I pray to be a better Latter-day Saint, daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend, and teacher. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have received in my seven years. I look forward to the next seven years, and MORE! 

Today is also Vivian's 10th month! It's hard to believe that my baby is 10 months old! Times sure does fly!


Crazy to think that I am now planning for her first birthday party! She is getting so big, so fast! She will be walking before I know it! It makes me happy and a little sad! I'm not ready for my baby to be walking! She is talking more and more! Her personality is shining through in all that she does! She is my sunshine baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment