Monday, June 7, 2010

Rosalie's Baby Blessing

Baby blessings are a true gift from our Heavenly Father. Being the only member in my family, I often get asked why we don't baptize newborns. My answer is simple... they are clean and pure before the Lord. And they are until the age of accountability, which is 8. Then our children are given the choice to be baptized. What a wonderful blessing. To give our children the choice.

Rosalie's baby blessing was yesterday. My Mom and Dad came from RO to see the blessing and stay for sacrament meeting. I'm always nervous when my family comes to church. I think it's more excitement than being nervous. I just love having them there with me. To feel the Spirit, hear testimonies, and share in the pure love of Christ. It never fails... every time I see Charles cry, I cry. He held in his tears until after the blessing was done, but like he did with Caitlin, I had to give him a good 5 to 10 minutes to compose himself afterward. He says that he felt the Spirit so much during her blessing that he ended up pausing for at least a minute during her blessing. It was beautiful. He said that he looked down at Rosalie and saw her infinite potential to do anything she sets her mind to. Anything at all. He realized that that feeling must be what Heavenly Father feels when a child is born into this world. Infinite possibilities to do good things.

I love that I have a worthy husband to bless our children!

The day turned out to be b-e-a-utiful! The sun was out all day, the wind was gentle, and the Lord was smiling down on us the entire day! We went over to T's for chinese and to hang out after supper. It was delicious, as always! :)
Here are some photos from our day :)
Enjoy!

Our Forever Family!

Rosalie Cadence

Heavenly Feet

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I love baby blessings. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete