Sunday, November 29, 2015

Baby #5, Week 28

How far along: 28 weeks! THIRD TRIMESTER!
Weeks to go: 12 weeks! 
Baby is the size of: a large eggplant!
Gender Prediction: Boy
Weight gain: Not sure after Thanksgiving!
Starting to show yet?: Oh yes!
Maternity clothes: Yes! I am more comfortable wearing my maternity shirts than I am wearing regular t-shirts. I'm not sure if it's because I'm bigger this time? But tight clothes make me achy, so I'm wearing yoga pants and maternity shirts every day! I also have to wear my support band or my belly and hernia start to ache. I went a day without it and was miserable. 
Stretch marks: Just a lot of old ones!
Belly button in or out: In, but my hernia makes it look like an outie.
Sleep: So/so. We spent most of our week with family out of town and sleeping on an air mattress was okay, but my hips killed me every morning. I had to take extra time to stand and try to walk after I crawled out of the air mattress. Once we got home, I had one of the best nights of sleep I've had in a while! There is something about being in your own bed with your own smells and pillows! Heaven!
Movement: Baby Jedi moves constantly! It's really quite amazing! I had my Mom and sister, Alice, feeling baby move like crazy on Thanksgiving after all the delicious food and pie! Baby was very happy! I can tell that baby is still doing flips because I feel kicks in my ribs, sides, and down below. I'm praying that baby gets comfortable being head-down and stays that way!
Labor Signs: None yet... 
Best moment this week: Baby appointment on 11-23! Baby is doing very well and his/her heart rate was in the 130's again! (Which, of course, makes me cautiously optimistic for a boy baby!) I am measuring larger, 29 to 30 weeks, but that doesn't mean that I'll go early or that my due date is changing. If I keep measuring big, I'll probably have another ultrasound to check amniotic fluid and baby's growth. Which means I'll have to tell the ultrasound person to NOT tell me AGAIN what baby's gender is! I also enjoyed spending time with my side of the family for Thanksgiving! And the Iowa Hawkeyes defeating Nebraska to get a 12-0 record! It was awesome!
Worst moment this week: Rosalie getting terribly sick during the last day we were visiting my family. Started out with her talking to me Friday morning and I noticed her voice was all but gone. She felt warm to the touch, so I made sure she drank plenty of water and kept an eye on her. By the end of the day, she looked awful and started getting the shakes. She felt cold, but she was burning up. It was pretty scary stuff. She kept waking up during the night with coughing fits and didn't get a ton of rest. In the morning, she had more energy, but soon threw up her breakfast. This was right before we were leaving, so we said a prayer that we would be able to make it home with very few stops and that she wouldn't' get sick. We made it all the way home with one stop for gas and a potty-break! I knew that mono and bronchitis was going around the school, so I made the decision to call the clinic and take Rosie into the ER for medicine.
After waiting for almost two hours, she was diagnosed with strep throat and a fever. We went to Walmart to the pharmacy because our normal pharmacy was closed. We were told to come back in 20 minutes. Rosalie started crashing when we were looking at Christmas trees. I should have grabbed a cart, but she made the trek over to get supper from the grocery side of the store and back to the pharmacy. She laid on the bench when we got back and fell asleep instantly. Poor girl.
As of today, she won't be contagious after about 4 this afternoon(24 hours on penicillin). She has bursts of energy, but then gets extremely tired. I'm letting her color, read books, watch movies, and rest! I'm praying no one else gets this in our household, but I'm not holding my breath!
Miss anything: Sushi
Wedding rings on or off?: On during the day. Off at night.
Cravings: Kluski noodles
Aversions: Raw meat
Appetite: Hearty! Thanksgiving was wonderful, but I was sad that I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to! Especially the kluski noodles, pecan pie, and stuffing! 
Queasy or sick: Runny nose, as usual.
Workouts: Zumba and walking.
Emotionally: Better this week. But I think that with everything going on and traveling, my mind was kept moving so I wasn't dwelling on things!
Physically: Tired! I wouldn't say exhausted, but tired is true! I am feeling good all things considered! My body is having the regular aches and pains from pregnancy! Achy back, hips, ribs, etc. And HEARTBURN! I knew this would probably happen again, but man-oh-man did it show up unannounced! There have been a few times where I've almost thrown up because it was so bad. So this is what I've decided:
Looking forward to: A quiet week to set up Christmas decorations, Christmas, New Years, and then possibly a Valentine's Day baby?! That would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment