I did the same thing I did last year. I put out some photos of all the things my girls love. Dora, the Little Mermaid, Tinkerbell, Belle, etc. I told Caitlin to pick what she wanted to use for her party theme. She picked Tinkerbell!
I started party planning and I made her birthday invite!
I used the entire week before her party to prepare for the party! I've got a lot on my plate with the girls, marathon training, working out, cleaning, etc, so I wanted to make sure to spread things out over a few days so that I wouldn't feel rushed on the day of her party.
I decorated the house using the $0.97 table cloths from Walmart, cut into four strips. I hung them on the ceiling with balloons! Caitlin said it looked like a spider!
I made EIGHT POUNDS of
ham balls the night before her party. I was up until midnight! It took me a few hours, but I was able to catch up on my Hulu queue!
The morning of her party, I went on a 5 mile run at 7 a.m. with my friend Desiree, got home as fast as I could, showered, got ready, and started working on Caitlin's cake! I posted a few ideas for the cake on my Pinterest and showed them to Caity. I told her to pick the one she wanted. She picked
this one and I decided to make it using
this Wilton mold for the leaves! This is how it turned out!
It took me about an hour and a half! I will be making a tutorial for this cake on my craft blog with all the details on it! Everyone loved the cake, too! I got a lot of wonderful comments and compliments for it! But most importantly, Caitlin LOVED it! I wanted to take a picture of her with it, but she refused to give me a decent smile!
We had a wonderful turnout for her party! Cailtin got a ton of gifts and our house was crammed full of people who love our girl! She is one blessed *not so* little girl! Here are some more photos from her big day!
 |
| Tinkerbell cake, cupcakes with purple fondant flowers (from the Wilton mold), and all of the Disney Fairies in jars! |
Fairies in jar idea
here.
 |
| Iridessa, Fawn, and Silvermist in jars! |
 |
| Rosetta, Periwinkle, and Tinkerbell in jars! |
 |
| Cupcake tower! |
We served ham balls, a fruit platter (fresh strawberries, green grapes, purple grapes, and bananas), a vegetable platter (carrots and celery with sour cream ranch dip), party punch, and birthday cake!
 |
| Silk flower basket I bought at a fundraiser! Silvermist and Rosetta had a special birthday sign ready for Caitlin! She thought that they wrote it! |
 |
| Singing "Happy Birthday" to my four year old! |
 |
| Making money! |
 |
| Ariel Pool! |
 |
| This picture cracks me up! HUGE Dora pen! |
 |
| Tinkerbell and Periwinkle poster! Caity was BEYOND excited for this! |
 |
| I'm not sure what face this is, but this is the plate, bowl, cup, and silverware set Charles and I got for Caity! She screamed at the top of her lungs when opening it! |
There were some friends who came after everyone had left. My Mom stayed and gave the girls their late Christmas presents! Of all the gifts Caitlin got, she was most excited for the two Barbies she got!
I still cannot imagine my baby being FOUR whole years old! Where has the time gone? It seriously seems like yesterday that I was sitting in the NICU watching her tiny stomach move up and down with each breath she was struggling to take... now she is a vibrant little lady with so much energy and zest for life! She takes my breath away!
 |
| 8 months pregnant with Caitlin |
 |
| Caitlin Nadine born at 35 weeks, 6 days |
 |
| Happy First Birthday, Caitlin! |
 |
| Happy Second Birthday, Caitlin! |
 |
| Happy Third Birthday, Caitlin! |
 |
| Happy Fourth Birthday, Caitlin! |
As we go into Caitlin's fourth year here on this earth, I am excited for it! The journey so far has been a wild one! She will be starting school this year and learning new things each day! I am glad that I kept her home for a year before putting her into preschool. I wanted that extra time with her. I know that preschool isn't very long, but I didn't want to sacrifice those precious hours with her! She amazes me each and every single day. Sometimes, every hour! She is smart like her Daddy! I cannot wait to see what the Lord has planned for us in Caitlin's fourth year! I have so much love for this girl! I thank God for blessing me with her! I am thankful for each and every minute!
I love my Caity Bell!
No comments:
Post a Comment