I have a friend who has been struggling with binge eating. And I have always struggled with it. She mentioned that she was going to do a 30 day No-Binge-Eating challenge and I jumped on board with her! I figured it would be hard to do that alone, so I might as well help her through! So as of August 24th, I started my 30 day challenge. It. Has. Been. Difficult.
I have continued to do Zumba on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Jamie and I finished up the C25K running plan on August 18th! She is now back to work, so I'm on my own for my workouts. I have continued running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday each week. I have bumped up my distance some days, and ran for pace other days. I have started running on treadmills. Mostly just so that I know what pace feels good and what pace pushes me a little more. As of right now, a 10 minute mile is doable, but still difficult. My goal for the DAM to DAM is to run a 9.5 minute mile, or even a 9 minute mile.
There are moments when I'm running where all I can think about is stopping. All I want to do is quit. I can't think of anything else pushing me along. That's when I remember...
Through everything this past month, I have been worried that I would see a gain on the scale. Mainly because of my slacking off. But I did not see such a thing! I weighed myself each week and watched my weight go down farther and farther! Talk about a confidence boost! Seeing the number going down made me want to go on a run or do an extra workout to celebrate!
And that's when it hit me. The best way to curb my cravings and beat binge eating is to work out! It gets my mind off of the want and on to the need to see results!
Start to Week 9, and Week 13 photos:
Start to Week 13 photos:
Week 9 and Week 13 photo:
Starting Weight: 202 lbs
Week 1 Weight: 193 lbs
Week 2 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 3 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 4 Weight: 189 lbs
Week 5 Weight: 188 lbs
Week 6 Weight: 184 lbs
Week 7 Weight: 182 lbs
Week 8 Weight: 179 lbs
Week 9 Weight: 177 lbs
Week 10 Weight: 175 lbs
Week 11 Weight: 174 lbs
Week 12 Weight: 173 lbs
Week 13 Weight: 171 lbs
Weight Lost Since Week 9: 6 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 31 lbs
Weight To Go: 36 lbs
My weight lost and weight to go numbers are so close to matching! Which means I'm almost half-way to my goal! I cannot believe it! I got on and off the scale three times today! I am so close to the 160's! I haven't seen those numbers on the scale since college! It feels amazing! Absolutely amazing! I feel amazing! There are moments when I am working out or going to pick up my children and I can actually feel how much stronger I have gotten!
I hit my 30 lb goal and I am getting a full mani/pedi as a reward! I am a few pounds away from my new workout clothes reward for hitting my half-way goal! I love having some incentive to push myself! I really, really want the iPod!
My plan for the next month remains about the same! Attend Zumba like I have been, but I plan on running Monday through Saturday. The days with Zumba will be more "fun run" type days, whereas the other days will be my "hard run" days. I do not want to overdo it, but I also want to take things up a small notch! I am going to start working more on toning (weight lifting) and core strength. I think it will be better for my running if my core strength was better! I still have my baby pooch, even though it doesn't look as prominent as it did back in June.
My new motto for the month is:
Although I'm pretty sure I'm always going to jiggle! It's nice to dream!











SO, SOOOO inspired right now!! You go girl! I am finally back on track after my last very very hectic month--root for me!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing Carrie! This is my first time checking out your blog in months and i know i get to see a difference everytime i visit, but i had no idea what you were going through. I love your incentives, such a great idea! Keep it up, you can makeit all the way to your goal! Your story is so inspiring.
ReplyDelete