And then there was my Dairy Queen obsession after Vivian was born... A large Chocolate Extreme Blizzard at least 2 to 3 times a week.
That. Was. Bad. Really bad.
The kind of bad where I knew we couldn't afford it, so I'd make my husband credit card it. I still feel bad about it... I would like to blame it on my postpartum depression, but I won't. I could have lived without it.
It's kind of embarrassing to admit... but it's the truth.
I didn't realize how much of an emotional attachment I have with food. How weak it makes me feel... And that is when I tell myself this:
Saturday, July 14th - We were all going to go swimming at the pool, but they were closed because they were understaffed. So Charles ran to the store and bought a sprinkler for the back yard. Holding my baby and running around was quite a workout! Jamie and I ran our Cto5K workout that evening!
Monday, July 16th - I woke up early to do my Zumba Toning DVD. It involved the toning stick and a chair. I was a little nervous, but the workout was awesome! I was a sweaty mess after the hour was over! Later that afternoon, Jamie and I walked to Zumba. It was a tough workout, but I was feeling the burn!
Tuesday, July 17th - I walked to the Y in the afternoon to get 30 minutes in the cardio room. I did the NuStep for 10 minutes and an elliptical machine for the last 20 minutes. I worked at the fat burning level instead of a cardio level. Jamie wasn't able to run the Cto5K workout with me, so I ran it on my own. It was nice to have the quiet, but I was kind of lonely! I might need to invest in an iPod or MP3 player for days like this!
Wednesday, July 18th - I walked to Zumba and met Jamie there. Jen was a little late, so I got to talk with some of the ladies that go to Zumba with us! Which was nice! We still got our hour-long workout in! Afterwards, Jamie and I ran the Cto5K workout from the day before so that she wouldn't be behind. I was sore, but it was nice to jog with a friend!
Thursday, July 19th - Cto5K with Jamie! It was the first time both of us have ever jogged for 8 minutes straight! (First time in a long, long time for me. First time for Jamie, ever.) I was very, very proud of myself and for Jamie! Not only did we run that once, but twice! For a total of 16 minutes! WOO HOO!
Friday, July 20th - Walked to ZUMBA with Jamie! Had an awesome workout! Halfway through, Jamie had to stop because her legs hurt really bad from her workout the day before. When we started the second half of the class, I noticed that I had no energy. I realized then that I had not eaten a snack before my workout. I will NEVER make that mistake again. My instructor, Jen, introduced me to a new class member who saw us doing Zumba in the parade! She's looking for results, and Jen wanted to show her that in just 7 weeks, you can lose up to 20 lbs!
Start to Week 7 progression photos:
Start to Week 7 photos:
Start Weight: 202 lbs
Week 1 Weight: 193 lbs
Week 2 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 3 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 4 Weight: 189 lbs
Week 5 Weight: 188 lbs
Week 6 Weight: 184 lbs
Week 7 Weight: 182 lbs
Weight Lost Since Last Week: 2 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 20 lbs
Weight To Go: 47 lbs
I am very, very happy! I HIT MY 20 LB MARK! It was my original goal when I started the BMI challenge on June 1st! I can't even describe how great I feel right now! I went through my entire drawer of XL shirts today... AND THEY FIT! I still have some weight to lose, but I am wearing shirts that have sat in my drawer for over 3 years! I am so, so happy!
I celebrated my getting my hair trimmed! It cost $20. One dollar per pound. I am looking forward to the next 47 lbs and the goals and rewards I have in store for myself! I will post my goals and rewards in another post soon. But for now, I am off to spend the rest of the day with my wonderful family! Hubby and I might go out for supper tonight to celebrate my birthday a little early. I turn 25 on Monday! We decided taht we would buy a meal together and share it for two reasons: 1) Save money. 2) Cut calories.
I think it's a win/win for me! I get to spend one-on-one time with my hubby while still enjoying a meal and not worrying about calories!
My new motto for the week:










You look fabulous! You've worked so hard and it shows...keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog comment Carie! I noticed you were in the parade with my friend April Loudon! My maid of honor was also from Creston! Small world! Or I should say, small Iowa :) I currently live out in the country outside of Fontanelle -- so pretty close! I love your blog -- the weekly photos are awesome and I wish I would have thought to do something like that! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I love your story and your progress so far! It is a tough journey, but so, so rewarding! I lived in Corning for years, but when I married my husband, we settled down in Creston. I'm so glad you saw us in the parade! :) April is awesome! We've had so many new members attend Zumba after the parade! We'll be in the Balloon Days parade as well! :)
DeleteYou are doing so great! Everytime I read this I tell myself I have no reason to make excuses if she can do it I can too! I get where you care coming from with the eating out and candy and pop! So many extra empty calories! I am wondering since they say what you eat the baby is sometime affected by it do you think Vivian seems more alert since you are eating more healthy food? Keep up the hard work and don't get down on yourself if it takes longer to get the next 20 off it took time to get on! You can do it! Im glad you have something for home so when the winter months come you can keep up with it im going to have to find something to do for when that time comes. Thanks again for your postivness and sharing this! Love it! I bet your marriage and children are been affected in very postive way too! Happy wife happy mom happy life!
ReplyDelete