The reason I have never had good results is because I was always wanting to lose it for other people. For a family party, family/class reunion, etc. Once I realized that I wanted to be happy with myself, it felt as if my eyes were opened for the first time. I didn't care what people thought of me from that point on. I only cared about what I thought of myself. I didn't love myself and you could tell. I wasn't taking care of my body and I used food for comfort. Once I woke up from my junk food haze, I decided it was time to stop saying, "I wish I was thinner." I decided to take action.
I am doing this for myself. If that makes me selfish, so be it. I have spent the better part of my life putting others ahead of myself. Making them happy and sacrificing my own happiness. I am tired of hiding in the shadows. I want to stand in the sun.
Tuesday, July 10th - Jamie and I ran the first workout of week 4! Seems crazy that we're already in week 4 of the running plan! We were a little intimidated by the workout, but we sucked it up and did it! We were a little sore from the day before, but like they say, soreness is weakness leaving your body!
Wednesday, July 11th - I walked to ZUMBA alone because Jamie got stuck behind a train! On the way over I was thinking about the past 4+ years of my marriage. All the things my husband and I have accumulated in the house, the ways we've changed, and all the weight I've accumulated on my body. As I was doing the Zumba workout, I put a little more into it than normal. I always push myself, but I upped it a little more. While walking home with Jamie, I remembered something I pinned on pinterest:
Friday, July 13th - Walked to the Y with Jamie, but our Zumba instructor wasn't there. We had a sub. It took her 15 minutes to figure out how to get her CD to read in the CD player, so by the time we started, we had already lost that workout time. The workout made both of us feel silly, so it was hard to get into it. But I kept telling myself that I was there to sweat. It wasn't working... By the end of class, I was ready to run out of the room. So I did! I ran the entire way home! I think I burned more calories running home than I did in class... Next time, I'll just opt to workout on the elliptical instead!
Start to Week 6 progression photos:
Start to Week 6 photos:
Start Weight: 202 lbs
Week 1 Weight: 193 lbs
Week 2 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 3 Weight: 190 lbs
Week 4 Weight: 189 lbs
Week 5 Weight: 188 lbs
Week 6 Weight: 184 lbs
Weight Lost Since Last Week: 4 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 18 lbs
Weight To Go: 49 lbs
I am beyond happy from this week! I've worked my tail off and the result is in the numbers! I am feeling great! Seeing a change in the number on the scale is one thing, but when I am moving a size down in my clothes... AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe that the clothes I was wearing 6 weeks ago were tight, now they are hanging on me!
I am also under the 50 lb mark for my weight to go! Seeing the "4" made reality sink in! I thought, "Maybe I can actually do this!" This is my new theme:
So what is my plan? This:









Eating clean is the best thing you can do! <3
ReplyDelete