Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May, Where Have You Gone?!

Yeah... I know... It's been a while! The excuses are normal! We've been busy, as usual! I always say that I'm going to be better about posting... but now I'm going to say, "I will TRY to be better about posting more often so that you don't have to read a super long post!" There! That'll do!

On April 28th, Caitlin was invited to a Princess Party for a friend from church, Savannah. I've been babysitting her, so Caity and her have gotten really close. It was at a hair salon in town that hosts parties for children and adults. The kids party package had the birthday girl getting her hair curled, and everyone getting their fingernails and toenails painted.  It took Caity a bit to relax, but once she did, she had a lot of fun!


I was thinking that I'd do something like that for my 25th birthday in July! But for grown women, we get a full mani/pedi! I think there are different packages, but I haven't talked to the owner as of yet.

With the warmer weather settling into our region, we have been trying to find healthy ways to keep cool with snacks for the girls. We bought some Edy's Fruit Bars from Walmart and they are GOOD! A little on the expensive side, but well worth the money!

When we eat anything, Vivian wants to eat it, too. Charles was eating a pomegranate flavored fruit bar and decided to let Vivian have a go at it! You can see her reaction:


It was too comical to NOT snap some photos of her eating the fruit bar! Once she got over the first few licks, she went to town on it! Now each time we eat one, she will crawl across the floor to us!

On May 3rd, I had to give Caitlin a bath that morning because she had wet her bed. When I was washing her hair she said, "Mommy, my hair is too long. I want cha to cut it for me!" I said, "Are you sure?" And she just nodded her head and giggled!

As soon as she was out of the bath, I dried her and sat her down to cut her hair before she changed her mind! She didn't hold very still, but I did the best I could! She just LOVED it!


I've still been babysitting Hunter and Savannah, and one perk of having another girl in the house, is dress up time for the girls! We bought the girls a Disney Dress-Up Box and it has three different skirts inside, perfect for Caitlin, Rosalie, and Savannah!


Vivian turned 7 months on May 6th! My little chubber is getting SO BIG! Time has flown by so, so fast! I can hardly believe it! It seriously feels like yesterday that we brought her home! Her newborn photos make her look so big now! She is one happy, healthy baby girl! She is army crawling all around our house! She has even started saying "Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da!" and on a rare occasion, she'll say, "Ma-ma-ma-ma!"

Happy 7 Months, Vivian Rane!




With the warmer weather, I have enjoyed being outside with my girls! Aside from my horrid allergies, when I'm loaded with benadryl, zertec, and claritin, I'm able to be outside for a few hours and enjoy the wonderful weather! The girls have been wanting to eat their meals outside, and on a super nice day, I can't say no!


The girls enjoy having our cats Lilly (grey) and Leo (orange) to accompany us on our lunch dates in the yard! Rosalie enjoys feeding them, even though I've told them repeatedly to NOT feed the cats! She tells me, "Nienie hungie!" Translation, "Lilly hungry!" So I cave, and let her feed the cats... Although I fear I'm breeding a monster!

I had a good day with my allergies, and I decided that I'm not in enough photos with my girls. I'm usually the one behind the camera. And since having my girls back to back, I'm not in the shape I'd like to be in, so I generally hide from the camera. But I'll do photos of my face! (I'm working on the body part!) The girls all cooperated with me!


We celebrated Rosalie's 2nd Birthday on May 18th at our house! We invited a ton of people and had to move the location of her party to our home due to windy weather. But the turn out was fantastic! I made her Ariel Dress Cake and everyone loved it! I've posted about it here, but here are some photos from her big day!


The next day, May 19th, one of my cousins graduated and we headed to her town to watch her walk across the stage! It is a huge day to celebrate and I didn't want to miss it! That, and I don't always get to see my family because of distance. I am very proud of Shianne! She has, and always will amaze me! She's had a rough life, but she's taken everything in strides. Watch out, world! She's a graduate and she's going to achieve her goals!


The girls had a blast at her graduation party! My Uncle has some smaller children, so his backyard had a jackpot of yard toys and cars! The girls sprinted over to them and had so much fun! Vivian got to meet some of my family for the first time! Everyone just loved seeing her! They kept saying that she has "amazing eyes" and that she's "chunky!" Hahaha! She's all muscle!

Charles has enjoyed the weather lately! He's been Frisbee golfing almost every evening as well as grilling out! Anytime I ask him, "What do you want for supper?" His response is generally, "What do we have to grill?" We just LOVE the warmer weather and being outside with our girls!


The girls have had a blast with the Princess Golf set that Rosalie got for her birthday! We also bought the girls some lawn chairs and they bring them (literally) everywhere we go. Walmart, Grandma's, the park... everywhere. It's quite adorable! The bottom photo above is the girls sitting in them! We bought three, one for each girl!

Vivian is getting stronger and stronger each day. I noticed that lately when I hold her, she will kick her legs like crazy. When my sister-in-law was over for a visit, she asked if I had a jumperoo. I thought, "GENIUS!" And since then, Vivian has been a Jumperoo Monster!


Charles and I have been doing great, aside from our allergies! We have decided that June 1st would be the start of our new Clean Eating Lifestyle. It's going to be hard, but we want the long-term benefits of doing so. We've looked into clean eating and having a whole food, plant based diet. Granted, we won't be cancelling out meat completely, but the meat we are going to consume will be carefully purchased.

We hope to not only lose weight, but be healthier and live the word of wisdom. We want to live to see our girls grow up, graduate, get married, and more! But they can just stay little for now! I'm not ready for them to grow up! Not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment