Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Rosalie!

We celebrated our second daughter's birthday a little over a week ago! A few months before her birthday, I put out photos of all Rosalie's favorite characters (The Little Mermaid, Dora, Rapunzel, Aurora, etc.). She dove right for The Little Mermaid! I started planning and getting things ready for her party. 

I made Rosalie's invites on my own using digital scrapbooking. I used a floral background from a clip-art site, Ariel clip art from this site, and used various elements from different kits found here.  I let Rosie pick out the Ariel clip art she liked the most and matched the other colors accordingly! Here is the final outcome of her invite:


I'm getting better at digi-scrapbooking! I really, really enjoy it! I've made a lot of stuff lately that I'm going to document on my
craft blog soon!

Once Caitlin's party was over, I knew that I'd have about 8 weeks until Rosie's party, so I got straight to work by searching Pinterest and other craft blogs for fun ideas for an Under the Sea party! (my Party board) I decided to make Salt Dough starfish and shells for decoration! I painted them with water colors. And although I had a lot of ideas for decorating her party, we ended up having to move the location of the party and I didn't get a chance to. But I'm sure my girls will want another Little Mermaid party in the future! 

I decided to make Rosie an Ariel dress cake for her party. A week before the party, I had a trial run with a
marshmallow fondant recipe I found. I made a double batch because I trusted the recipe to be delicious. THANKFULLY, it was very good! It was easy to make and super delicious! This type of fondant is a little fragile when handling, but that's why I ALWAYS have a trial run! I didn't take a photo of my trial run, but the final cake I made on her birthday turned out fantastic! Here's Rosalie's cake:



I made some Ice Cream Cone cupcakes to go along with her cake. I recommend making this the morning of your party. Otherwise they get a little soggy and droopy! I frosted them and dipped them into brown sugar to make them look like little sand castles! Then I stuck in a cupcake topper, of course!


I made treat bags for the kids who came to the party. I filled them with Swedish Fish and Octopus gummies, then taped on a "Thank You" label with some ribbon! I wanted some gummi sharks, but I couldn't find any in our small town... The kids still loved them!


With all of that done, all that was left was for me to cut the fruit, set out the food (we grilled hot dogs and served them with chips, fruit, and punch), and set out the decorations!





Everything turned out well considering this was suppose to be a party at the park! It was way too windy outside and my allergies were acting horrible. We made a last minute decision to have the party at home and I shoved everything into my bed room power cleaned before the guest arrived! Thankfully, my sister-in-law Megan was there to help me clean and watch my kiddos!

Here are some photos from Rosalie's 2nd Birthday Party!


Singing "Happy Birthday" scared her at first!







Rosalie made bank with all her gifts! It's safe to say that she's going to have a fun summer in the yard with all her new stuff! Everyone had an awesome time and right after everyone left, Rosie crashed out and took a long nap!

The last two years have flown by. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for my sweet Ninja and the time that I get to be with her. I am overwhelmed when I look at her with such emotion that only a parent can understand. She has grown so much already and I stand all amazed at her beauty. I love you, Rosalie Cadence!


8 months pregnant with Rosalie
Welcome to the world, Rosalie!
Rosalie on her first birthday
Rosalie on her second birthday
Seems like she's a pouter when it comes to singing "Happy Birthday" to her! I look forward to many, many more birthdays and years with my little Ninja! She is one determined little lady now... makes me wonder what she'll accomplish later in life! She's gonna change the world for the better! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Benny loves the look on your face when she was born.. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! That's because I did it without meds! I had to stop pushing at her shoulders because the cord was around her neck, so for that brief 3 seconds... it was awful! You can see that in my face! Hahaha! Charles says that I look disgusted! He said an appropriate caption would be, "Put her back in! She's not done yet!" Bahahahahaha!

      Delete