Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hyrum's {Birth} Story Part 2 - Birth

"Why did she just leave?", I said as I felt a contraction coming on, the urge to push, and Baby's head coming out...

Pure. Panic.

I'm not even sure what sound I made exactly, but it was described to me as a primal grunt/moan.

It was loud, but I wasn't exactly screaming.

My mind was going a million miles a second. "Why did the nurse leave? What was I even dilated to when she left? Where was the doctor? Should I try to push or not push? Should I pant? Should I pass out? Why is no one talking? Where is the staff? Wow.... this REALLY hurts!"

All I see is Charles to my left. I'm looking at him as our baby's head starts crowning. He's telling me to breathe, but all I want to do is push. I literally have no idea what is going on around me. I'm locked in this moment thinking that our baby was about to shoot out of me like a rocket.

This moment feels like forever.

I hate this moment because it hurts.

But it's the moment I've been waiting for for over 40 weeks!

I close my eyes and silent my mind and realize our baby is stuck. I ask out loud where our doctor is as I open my eyes. And there he is! Dr. Miller is there and the first thing I think is, "Oh cool! He's wearing an Iowa Hawkeye hat!"... and then I feel the wave of pain and terror come back as he frantically grabbed Baby and tried to get the bottom of the bed to drop down.

He shouted for someone to drop the bed. I could tell that Baby wasn't coming out right. Baby was coming out upwards and I felt baby needed to be pushed downwards. I closed my eyes again.

I needed to push. I raised and twisted myself to my right as Dr. Miller told me that he needed the biggest push I could possibly give him. I knew Baby was stuck and I could feel my body moving naturally to aide in pushing. I bore down so hard I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head. I felt Dr. Miller push Baby down as I pushed out and then Baby was out.

"IT'S A BOY!" I shouted! The angle that he came out left his bottom up towards the ceiling and all I saw was his testicles! And they were HUGE! *cue the ugly crying*

Photos taken by Jen. You can see the Hawkeye on Dr. Miller's hat!

"WE HAVE A SON!"

Over. And over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment