After all of the paperwork, orientations, doctor appointments, dentist visits, and more, we took the girls to the Open House so that they could see their class rooms and find their seats and cubby holes!
| Caity found her seat! |
| Rosalie found her cubby! |
I had purchased the girls' backpacks when Walmart first put them out because I wanted to get the good ones before they were gone. The Walmart here sells out of stuff within days, so as soon as I saw the Disney backpacks, I purchased them immediately! I kept them in my bedroom because we wanted to surprise the girls with them! It was hard to wait so long, but it was worth it when we saw their faces! Charles brought them outside yesterday morning while the girls were on the porch playing! We got Caity a Tinkerbell backpack and Rosie got a Disney Princess backpack!
![]() |
| Looks of joy and happiness! |
When it became time to take a bath and get ready for bed, I pulled out the note that Caity's teachers gave to her the night of the open house. It said, "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT!" It was hard not to open it, but I resisted! It was worth it, too! I gathered the girls around the table and opened the letter. Confetti fell all over the place! There was a poem inside the card that wished the girls sweet dreams! The confetti was to help them sleep better and have sweet dreams. It told them to sprinkle some under their pillows. I put it inside of some plastic baggies and let the girls put the baggies under their pillows! Then we set out the girls' clothes, shoes, and backpacks for the next morning!
This morning, the girls woke up without any problems! They got their clothes and shoes on immediately and let me do their hair without too much fussing! We went outside, I snapped some photos!
Afterwards, we loaded up the car and headed to school! Once at school, I got one more photo of the girls before we went inside! Charles wanted to take the girls into the school since his work starts at the same time school starts. So it was nice to have him there to help me corral the girls inside!
I dropped Caity off first! Her classroom is the closest to the doors we come in. She did very well with hanging her backpack and jacket up and going through the morning routine! She found her name tag, washed her hands, and then found her name on the floor by the big carpet!
Rosalie started getting fussy because she wanted to go to her class! So she cried a little, but once we got inside her class, she was fine! She hung her backpack and jacket up, put on her nametag, washed her hands, answered the question of the day, then sat in the morning circle! When I went to leave, she gave me a hug and never looked back!
I stopped back in Caity's room to tell her goodbye, she hugged me, then never looked back! Vivian and I left the school alone! It was weird only loading up one kid in the car! Vivian and I have spent the morning eating breakfast, playing, and running around the yard! I am very excited to spend some one-on-one time with her! Oh, and here's a picture of her this morning at the school!
I am excited to pick the girls up and hear about their day!






No comments:
Post a Comment