Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ABC's About Me!

I haven't been tagged to do this, but Katie left an open invite for anyone who wanted to do this! So I ACCEPT! I use to do "surveys" like this via email when I was in high school! I loved them! This is kind of nostalgic for me! Here it goes!

A. Attached or Single?
Attached! Very much so! Charles and I knew from the get-go that we belonged together! We've been together for just over six years, with our six year wedding anniversary next month!


B. Best Friend
I consider myself to have a few! I know that everyone defines "friend" differently. I have had many "best friends" throughout my life, through all different stages. And while I have lost contact with some of these wonderful people, I have, and always will, consider them my BEST FRIENDS! They have all stuck by my side through thick and thin!
Childhood: Alyce, Dan, and Angie
College: Caity, Jenelle, Chris, Ryan, Sara, and Lindy
Adult: Charles, Karmen, Jamie, and Amber
Blogging/Running: Katie and Jordan

C. Cake or Pie

Dairy Queen's Ice Cream Cake! AMAZING! 

D. Day of the week?

Sunday! Which is not only the Lord's day, but it's my workout/running REST day!  

E. Essential Item?

ChapStick! I cannot live without this item! I have at least 20 in my house! And I can never find them when I need them! My favorite flavor? Strawberry! But the new Fruit Punch flavor is an easy second!



F. Favorite Color?

Pink! But it's a tie from among pink, orange, and green! 

G. Gummy Bears or Worms?

BEARS!

H. Hometown?

Omaha, Nebraska

I. Favorite Indulgence?

Chocolate! In any form, but especially in the form of Dairy Queen's Chocolate Xtreme blizzard!



J. January or July?
July! My BIRTHDAY month! 

K. Kids?

I am the mother of seven children. God has blessed me with three daughters that are here with me and has blessed me with four children I never got the chance to meet. Each child that I have carried has a special place in my heart. The Lord has blessed Charles and I with Caitlin, Rosalie, and Vivian! We are so glad that they are here with us! We plan on having more children in a year or so! But for right now, life with our three daughters is pretty perfect!

Caitlin (4), Vivian (20 months), me, Rosalie (3), and Charles
June 2013
L. Life isn't complete without?
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! If it weren't for the wonderful example that my best friend, Alyce, had set for me, I wouldn't be here today! She taught me all about God's love for me and my divine worth! Want to know more about my faith? Check it out here!

M. Marriage Date

Charles and I were married and sealed for time and all eternity on August 11, 2007, in the Nauvoo, Ill, Temple!
 

N. Number of brothers/sisters

I am a child of divorce and a few re-marriages. This is a very touchy subject with my family, but I consider myself to have 8 brothers and 3 sisters! (Not including my in-laws)


O. Oranges or Apples?
 Apples! Especially with caramel! 



P. Phobias?

Spiders, wasps, and bees. I am petrified of them all!

Q. Favorite Quotes?

I have A LOT! But my favorites are:

"You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
-- Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

 "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."
-- Moulin Rouge

 "You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me."
-- George, Life as a House

"My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."
-- Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2010

R. Reasons to smile?
There are too many to count! But some random reasons are: Zumba, running, pandas, ice cream, my children laughing, butterflies, winning giveaways, and watching the sun rise/set! 


S. Season of Choice?
SPRING! (Minus the week or two that my allergies act up) I love watching the earth become alive again after a cold, dark winter!

T. Tag 3 people.

Jordan, Amber, and anyone else who wants to!

U. Unknown Fact about me:

I have a guilty pleasure in watching shows like Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, etc! The "love" shows on VH1 and MTV! I was a total sucker for them in my college years! I'm embarrassed to admit it now... but it is what it is! I loved it! Hulu has a few of those shows under their "Guilty Pleasure" show list!


V. Favorite Vegetable?
Spaghetti Squash! It's a fairly new favorite, but I am pretty much OBSESSED with it! I would have it everyday if I could! Before that, it would've been a tie between fresh spinach and steamed broccoli!

W. Worst habit? 
I am a pack-rat! I have been emotionally tied to my junk for SO long! I am just now "letting go" of most of it! I'm going to be having a HUGE garage sale soon! It's a process. I'm sure I'm a hoarder, but not like the ones on TV.


X. X-Ray or Ultrasound?
Ultrasounds! I've been on both sides of the happy/sad ultrasound spectrum, but I love the advances in ultrasound technology.

Y. Your favorite Food?

Spaghetti! In any form, really! Spaghetti with pasta noodles, spaghetti squash, goulash, etc. If it involves tomato sauce with noodles, I LOVE IT! I love my husband's spaghetti sauce! He uses Italian Sausage and his own spices! It's always different and AMAZING!



Z.  Zodiac Sign?
I'm a Leo! I don't follow the whole zodiac/horoscope thing. I use to when I was in junior high/high school, but that's only because the girls that I use to hang out with read their horoscopes all the time. I am proud to be a lion, though! I've always had a love for lions!


1 comment:

  1. Always fun to get to know the person behind the blog a little better!

    ReplyDelete