Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Rosalie

I did the same thing I did last year. I put out some photos of all the things my girls love. Dora, the Little Mermaid, Tinkerbell, Belle, Rapunzel, etc. I told Rosalie to pick what she wanted to use for her party theme. She picked Rapunzel!

I started party planning and doing some major research into Rapunzel! I looked on other blogs for ideas and even searched for the patterns on Rapunzel's dress, lanterns, flags, and more! Then I set out to make Rosalie's birthday invite!


I spent two weeks making the decorations! I found a cute idea on Pinterest and decided to tackle it on my own! (Idea here!) I don't have a special cutting machine, so I had to cut out each of the sun stars BY HAND, with a Xacto knife! I cut out 80 stars! Then glued them one-by-one onto purple paper! Hung them from fishing wire, then hung them in the living room about a week before her party!


The flags were very heavy and the decorations kept falling down. I ended up needing to tape them between every third flag! I don't have a picture of the finished look, but you'll be able to see them in the birthday photos below!

Everything else after that was a breeze! I found a few more ideas and decided on a cake design for Rapunzel's dress cake! I followed the general idea from Corner House and came up with this finished look for the cake:

I still hadn't put her hair down, but I wanted a picture before the centerpiece was finished!
I used marshmallow fondant for the dress and decorated on it with edible food markers! I looked up the dress design online and did the best I could to copy it! There were some flaws, but Rosalie didn't care! She was IN LOVE with her cake!

As soon as the cake was finished, I started in making the Magic Golden Flower cupcakes! I used the same Wilton mold that I used for Caitlin's Tinker Bell cake, only I used the flower molds! 

I used the orange food writer to mark the inner design from the mold!
While I was working, Rosalie put on her Rapunzel dress and started watching Tangled! She was very comfortable doing so!


Caitlin and Vivian were watching, too!
After I finished the cupcakes, I put them in the cupcake tower and got the dessert table ready! I put Rapunzel's hair down and placed the cake in a frying pan! This is how it looked!


Everyone LOVED it, too! I got a lot of compliments and laughs about it! Here are some up-close photos of the finished cake and cupcakes!



I set out the rest of the table decorations and food for the party!

I cut the flags on the banner a little differently from the ones in our living room!
Rosalie is on the right showing her cousin the food!
We served grilled hot dogs, chips, a veggie platter (celery, carrots, and ranch dip), a fruit platter (strawberries, cantaloupe, and pineapple), Cherry Limeade kool-aid, and birthday cake!

Silk flower basket I bought at a fundraiser! Fischer Price's Rapunzel toy with the brush that came with the Rapunzel doll used in the cake! All set on top of a sheet of gold scrapbooking paper!

I even made a Flynn Rider WANTED poster pinata! (Pinterest idea here!) I used a cereal box, printed the wanted poster from Google, and glued the frills on myself! I filled it with candy and hung it above the dessert table for decoration!

I snapped a quick photo of the birthday girl with her birthday cake!


We had a wonderful turnout for the party! The food was GONE by the end and we weren't able to smash the pinata with a frying pan, but I let the girls have the candy from the inside! I saved the pinata because I'm sure I'll be throwing another Rapunzel party someday! Here are some more photos from Rosalie's big day!

Rosalie digging into the fruit platter!
Singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Rosalie!
Princess lunchbox filled with goodies!
Princess velvet coloring board!
Rosalie's BIG GIRL panties! Princess panties for potty training!
French Fry shirt from Mommy and Daddy!
Princess Plate Set from Mommy and Daddy!
Princess toys from Grandma and Grandpa!
Rapunzel place mat!
I still can't believe that my girl is THREE! Where has the time gone? I am so thankful for each and everyday I get with my sweet Rosalie! She's still a Ninja! She has changed so much in the last year! I am overwhelmed with emotion when I think about it! I am so excited to see how she changes and grows this next year! 
I love you, Rosalie Cadence!

8 months pregnant with Rosalie!
Welcome to the world, Rosalie!
Don't mind my face! Natural birth hurts A LOT!
Rosalie on her FIRST birthday!
Rosalie on her SECOND birthday!
Rosalie on her THIRD birthday!
I am interested to see what party she'll want for her fourth birthday next year! Whatever it is, I'm going to go all out! Every birthday is worth a HUGE celebration in my book!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! You are SO crafty/creative! I, obviously, love birthdays as well so I'm glad to see I'm not the only crazy mama!

    ReplyDelete