We celebrated our oldest daughter's birthday a few weeks ago! A few months before her birthday, I put out photos of all Caitlin's favorite characters (The Little Mermaid, Dora, Rapunzel, Belle, etc.). After taking her time to decide, she finally chose Belle. I started planning and getting things ready for her party.
I've recently discovered digi-scrapbooking and came across a site that has free kits to download. I let Caity pick out the kit she wanted and she went with the
Energy kit! I loved it! I knew it'd go really well with Belle and it had a ton of colors in it! I searched the internet for a good site with Disney clip-art. I found some really stellar ones! I've pinned them onto my
Fun Stuff board.
I made her invite first. She picked out the Belle she wanted and I did the rest! Here is the final design!
I think it turned out great! I worked really hard on it! I'm still new to digi-scrapbooking, but I've come a long way! I even made cupcake toppers using the same software! They were a hit!
I broke down a bought a Wilton Dress Cake Mold and used it to have a trial run for Caity's Belle cake. It turned out great, but I needed more batter to make the dress fuller. The cake was easy to decorate. I'm not sure what tip number I used, but I used a medium size petal tip. Here's my amazing "how-to" that I made in paint!
 |
| I used a toothpick in step 2. |
This is how the cake turned out! I used frosting to make her top. I just piped frosting onto her body and smoothed it out with my finger dipped in water. It was super easy to make!
Everything turned out fantastic for her party! The day was gorgeous, we had a fantastic turnout, and Caitlin got a ton of presents! Here are some photos from her big day!
 |
| Pink cupcakes with "sparkles" as requested by the birthday girl! |
We served a fruit platter (Pineapple, Grapes, and Strawberries), a veggie platter (Carrots, Celery, and Ranch dip), Mexican dip with chips, and the cake.
 |
| Watching Beauty and the Beast! |
Caitlin had a BLAST! The girls all did very well! I played Beauty and the Beast on the TV and that kept the littler ones from going too crazy!
Here's to many, many, many more birthdays with my firstborn! I cannot wait to see how my little lady grows up and what she plans to do with her life! She makes me so proud!
k that cake is adorable! and i love love love the pictures! xo
ReplyDelete