I am happy to say that the first day of my 14 Days of Valentines has gone over very well with my husband! He was totally shocked this morning when I had the Zebra cakes in the car waiting for him when he left for work!
When he came inside for lunch, he gave me a huge grin and asked, "When did you put these in the car?!" YES! Haha! I told him I snuck them outside at 5:30 this morning and put them on the steering wheel. To which he responded, "I didn't even feel you get out of bed... that worries me!" HA! I wouldn't dream of sneaking out! But it gave us a good laugh! I am very excited for the next 13 days!
I have been looking for an idea for a Valentine to send to my parents, my in-laws, and my grandparents. I found a cute idea for these Thumbprint Valentines and made it my own! Here is what I came up with!
The girls just LOVED to stamp their thumbs! It got a little messy, but I'm glad I found washable stamp pads for cheap cheap at the dollar store! Caity now wants to stamp her thumb print on everything! I think I've unleashed a monster!
I have some more fun ideas for the Valentine gifts for my nephews and niece. I am way excited! The girls have been super good helpers when it comes to coloring cards and pictures for birthdays and holidays! Rosalie loves coloring so much that she colored her Dora table! The whole thing. After I cleaned it up, I was upset because I should have snapped a picture. But I'm positive this will happen again someday! Ha! God bless whoever came up with washable crayons.
Vivian has officially started teething. I really don't miss this part of having babies, but she is handling it well, all things considered. We had some trouble with her last night, but we were finally able to get her to calm down. I am so thankful that I have a husband and that he is willing to calm a screaming baby. Vivian had me in tears by the time he came and took her from me so that we could both calm down. It's hard when babies can't tell you what's wrong... but I think I'd be creeped out if my baby came out of the womb talking to me. I'll take the crying for now! She's right on track though. Caitlin and Rosalie also started teething around 4 months and their first tooth appeared around 7 to 8 months. 3 months of cranky teething before a tooth even comes in! Being a baby is tough stuff. Good thing Vivian has an awesome Mom! ;)
Caitlin and Rosalie are going through a screaming phase... all the yelling around the house is probably to blame. But now that the damage is done, Charles and I are working super hard on reversing the habit and teaching the girls that if something is wrong, you come to Mommy or Daddy and not scream. I guess I didn't realize just how much our kids pick up around us. I've been watching what I say around Caity. We'll say stuff like, "This song is stupid" or "I don't give a crap" and I don't want Caity and Rosie picking those words up. So we are doing a whole lot of editing and spelling out words.
All in all, parenting is fun! I keeps us on our toes!


No comments:
Post a Comment